We have just enjoyed our second stay at Villa San Michele with our two children (12 and 15). Having had an amazing experience the first time round a few years ago we were slightly nervous as to whether it might not live up to our memories. Happily we were proved wrong. Everything was perfect. All the reviews talk about the view, which is of course unique , but it is the wonderful service - not too formal and not too casual - and attention to detail that underpins a great location. Hospitality is more than a place - it is the people who work there who make it a great experience. They even remembered where we had stayed last time and we felt as spoiled as before!
I found the standards excellent everywhere- and I am really fussy! I was baffled by the review that said it was difficult to have a light meal - the buffet at the pool bar is very light and healthy and the bar at the main restaurant offers sandwiches and snacks. I was even offered a very simple salad not on the menu as a lighter alternative when dithering over what to have.
As others have said the transfer service to Florence is brilliant; punctual and helpful about where to go - but do go first thing and miss the crowds.
This is quite simply one of those life enhancing experiences that you should not miss. We will certainly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from the centre of Florence, Belmond Villa San Michele is housed in a 15th-century monastery with a façade designed by Michelangelo. It is surrounded by a large, wooded park and lush terraced gardens boasting magnificent views of the city and the Arno Valley below. The 45 bedrooms and suites are simple, peaceful and elegant while the Renaissance splendour of Florence is a mere 15 minutes away with the complimentary shuttle service, running every 20 minutes. La Loggia Restaurant provides a unique dining venue where guests can enjoy their lunch or dinner, based on Italian and Tuscan cuisine, while admiring the view over Florence. For a light lunch or a snack, the Pool Restaurant, situated directly by the hilltop panoramic swimming pool, is the ideal place. For food lovers, the renown Cooking School offers hands-on lessons to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialties. A Kids' Club and a dedicated Kids' Concierge are available to make the stay of younger guests truly unforgettable. The new Davanzati Room offers privacy and tranquillity thanks to its exclusive location, and a spacious terrace with a view for small banquets, cocktails and coffee breaks. Ideal for hosting meetings, launches and presentations, it also serves as a space for banquets for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Belmond, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy