“A Highlight of my Trip to Florence”

FiesoleBike Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$56.95*
and up
Tuscany Sunset Bike Tour: from Fiesole to Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: FiesoleBike in the hearth of Tuscany, welcomes you to join an amazing ride through nature and culture just a few steps away from Florence. Cycling and hiking in Fiesole, Florence and Tuscany. Rent MTB.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Highlight of my Trip to Florence”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After a few days spent enjoyably taking in the beautiful sights and fascinating history at the centre of bustling Florence I was ready to get out into the Tuscan countryside. I decided to get in touch with Giovanni at Fiesole Bike to arrange a bike tour of the Fiesole area. It was really easy to get there from Florence, as Giovanni advised, you just take the number 7 bus from the Piazza San Marco, the bus journey takes about 20 minutes and you get off at the last stop, which is the main square in Fiesole - Piazza Mino da Fiesole.

Giovanni was an excellent bike tour leader, he arranged a route to suit my abilities, provided me with water for the journey and made sure I was ok with the bike before we set off for Montesenario and it's monastery.

It’s a bit of a climb to get up to the monastery but well worth it as you are rewarded with glorious views of the Apennine Mountains. On the journey, we passed by beautiful olive groves, vineyards, chestnut trees and cypresses, old Tuscan villas and farms and saw the villa where Dante spent some of his summer months.

Giovanni was really knowledgeable and companionable, his enthusiasm and love for the stunning countryside and its history made for a fascinating and uplifting trip. I feel like I learned a lot about that area, the flora and fauna and people who lived there, and would highly recommend taking a tour with Giovanni to anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of Florence and get a taste of the real Tuscany.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fiesole = MTB at its Best”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I rented a bike to go on a tour on my own, enjoying the still very mild climate you can find here at the end of October (I would have gone on a guided tour, had I had a partner).
I met the manager Giovanni in the piazza in Fiesole: he was very friendly and gave me some really good tips: I asked him for some trails and a tour apt for my training level and riding type preferences, and the trip he designed for me turned out to be really amazing and exactly what I was looking for!
When I got back to the piazza I was definitely tired from the 50km I ended up riding but very enthusiastic: I can't wait to go again!
I strongly advice to ride to Montesenario (stunning view and ride in the prairies with view on Florence) and for the experts to try the technical descent from Poggio Pratone. Amazing. Fiesole really has a lot to offer for mountain-bikers of all levels.
Enjoy riding with Giovanni!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank GioIssimo
Vught, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Best Bike rental for Fiesole and Florence”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

During the Worldchampionship cycling in Florence and Fiesole we used the excellent services of Guiseppe ! Guiseppe is a very passionated and driven enterpreneur running his business, trying to meet every wish or question from his customers.
His service is excellent and included drop-off the bikes at our appartment, a great map with suggest trails and many good insides how to discover the surrroundings ! His bikes are all well maintained and of good quality.
Unfortunalty we did not have time to join him for a guided tour but we are convinced that he will be a great host for all, sharing his passion for cyling, the hills and the city of Florence !

If you are looking for a bike rental or guide that has passion and is really customerdriven don't hesitate and contact Guiseppe ! You won't regret it !

Visited September 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A great ride with unforgettable panoramas!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Giovanni is an excellent bike tour leader. He adjusted our course to my abilities and was patient the whole time, even when I needed to stop and walk. We rode to a beautiful hill-top monastery and back. The views all along the route were breath-taking, exactly as one might expect to find the true Tuscan countryside in the mountains. You are only 10 - 20 kilometers from Florence, but it feels like a different world. Regardless of your biking ability, I highly recommend to email Giovanni for a bike tour while you are visiting Florence!

Visited June 2013
Giovanni C, Proprietario at FiesoleBike Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Grazie Taylor, I have seen also your blog.... Ciao!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Funtastic”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We started from THE centre of Fiesole with two minor hills before we started our downhill to Firenze. Giovanni is a great guide who adapts his pace to THE level of his guests. The tour took around 3 hours and really brought us from the beautiful surroundings of Firenze, along THE river Arno. We finished our tour with a visit by bike of Firenze. It was a great experience which we can recommand to everyone.

Visited May 2013
Giovanni C, Proprietario at FiesoleBike Day Tours, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you!