Agriturismo Poggio al Sole
Pensione Bencista(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$141
Fattoria Di Maiano(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
US$114
Villa Sorriso(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
US$70
Fattoria di Poggiopiano(Fiesole)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
US$125
US$122
US$298
US$279
US$1,070
US$672
All reviewsprosciuttoevery morninglate afternoonnight stayhostsmapsgardendriveway
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The farmhouse is lovely, the best breakfasts that we had in Italy (we have food restrictions, but there were so many choices, handmade and delicious, that we were well taken care of.) What really needs to be mentioned is that Giovanni, our host is a true "Renaissance Man". I joked with him that he is the modern day Leonardo. He was too modest to accept this, of course. He is an infinite source of information about the region. It took me several days of reading some of the books in the house to realize that they were written by him. Actually a total of 10 books about the Tuscany region. Most impressive to me, however, was that when my husband and I received a 110 euro fine for not understanding that the bus ticket had to be validated on the bus, Giovanni typed up an official looking letter , in duplicate, for us to present to the authorities. We brought it to the station and they eliminated our fine completely!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I try and write something unique for each place but it is hard for this place, because it is exactly what people say.. "Gorgeous, favorite place in Italy, A beautiful place to explore".. I am so glad my fiance (he proposed to me a few miles away) and I had the opportunity to come and visit. We spent 4 nights at this place. The places is a nice escape from the regular touristy things and close enough for you to get around and Giovanni (the owner) is a wealth of knowledge. The breakfast is delicious ( we posted pictures to prove you don't just get a croissant and coffee) there are eggs, fresh juice, fresh tomatoes, cereals, fresh cakes. Anyway, I love love love this place. If you have the opportunity to stay here please do, you won't great it. I am happy that we will always remember this place.

Grazie Giovanni, ricorderemo per sempre il tempo che abbiamo trascorso qui! I hope that came out okay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I spent 5 days with my wife at this fantastic place. We fell in love with this farmhouse. Everything we read about on the web page was there and even better in reality. The view from the terrace is so panoramic. Giovanni is a very pleasant man. He is also very helpful. We recommend this place if you want to explore Tuscany. We also recommend you follow Giovanni's advices.

Room Tip: The barn rooms are the best
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank touaa
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place is pure magic. First of all, it is absolutely beautiful- the farm overlooks a valley full of vineyards and olive groves, and if you're the explorer type, you can even hike the surrounding trails that wind through the Tuscan countryside. The location is perfect...just fifteen short minutes out of Florence- close enough for convenient day trips but far enough to escape the touristy hustle and bustle of the city and get an experience that feels more like authentic Italy.
The rooms are gorgeous and well kept, and breakfast is delicious. One of my favorite things about the place is the garden...there are little outside tables and lounge chairs where you can overlook the valley, relax, eat good food, and watch the glowing orange sunsets over the hills.
Now a word about Giovanni (the host)- what an amazing guy! He is one of the nicest people and truly cares about you and making sure you enjoy your stay. He has many good stories to share, and he even makes his own saffron, olive oil, and bee products from his farm. Also, if you don't have a car, he will drive you down to Fiesole where you can catch a quick bus to Florence (very easy- we did it many times with no hassle).

All in all, Poggio al Sole is exactly what I pictured when I envisioned my trip to Italy. It is always quiet and peaceful here, but there are always plenty of things to do with Florence and Fiesole being so close, the surrounding hikes, and the nearby restaurants (with wonderful food!). Between the gorgeous setting (it seriously looks like a painting), and the great host, this is an absolute must do. It really is a magical place, and I'm counting down the years until I can return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Elena E
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spend 4 nights at Poggio Al Solle and had a great experience. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was adequate. The BIG plus for this place is the beautiful location-away from the crowds and noice of Florence but easily accessible especially if you plan a day trip. We loved the quiet evenings outside the converted barn after a busy day visiting Florence or Pisa. There is also a very nice eatery close by which seem quiet popular with the locals. Good food at reasonable prices. The only word of caution for those looking to stay here is to work out your local commute in advance. Getting into florence was not much of a challenge but the last bus back is at 7 pm. Taxis back are expensive. Giovanni the owner of the place is very helpful in providing suggestions for travel and also offers pick up and drop at a marginal cost. All in all A VERY ENJOYABLE STAY for us!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple