“Perfect for transfers between ferry and train”
Review of Hotel Stazione

and 1 more site!
Hotel Stazione
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Livorno
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Good reasonably priced hotel just across from the station. We'd arrived on a long ferry from Sardinia and the hotel was easy to find. Can't really comment on more as we just stayed the night before leaving Livorno for Cinque Terre

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed one night and enjoyed it. We chose this hotel as it was close to the station, and had good reviews Our room was really large, with a large double bed and a single also.
There was an enclosed balcony with an open roof off the room, but no views. The bathroom was super clean and new, the shower stall small but OK. WiFi was good and quick. The bed was firm, just as we like it.
The reception staff were friendly, especially Marco, who drew us a map and gave us a bit of info on Livorno. We checked out next morning, left our bags with them, and went downtown,
returning much later to collect our bags and head back to the train station...nothing was too much trouble for them. Well worth a stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Having been lucky enough to have travelled world wide fairly extensively, we certainly know a great hotel when we find it, and Hotel Stazione in Livorno, Italy ranks much higher than most four & five star competitors.

Located just 200 meters from main rail station, (which is also bus hub), with stop at front door, you can tour Tuscony with simple ease from here.

More importantly, we have never stayed anywhere which would rate higher for customer care and attention, in excellent English.

Then, our room was spacious, comfortably, but not luxuriously, appointed with queen sized bed, firm and comfortable.

However, my main reason for initiating this review, is the impeccable cleanliness of the hotel. It shines! And that applies to that far corner behind the toilet too.

To add "balance" to this review, I suggest they add a little fruit or cereal for non Italian travellers, to their breakfast offering.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank mhaseler
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We weren't expecting anything too flash for the price, it was more about having easy access to Pisa for a few days. It is perfectly located across a roundabout from the train station, less than 5 min walk. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who showed us to our room (something we've never experienced before in Italy). The room itself was perfect for a few days, it was a good size and very clean. The en suite bathroom was also good size and had the most amazing shower!

My only gripe is that because there are no carpets along the corridor or in the rooms it emphasises any noises that are made along the corridor. I know the maids have their jobs to do but they were dragging chairs across the floors, reminding me of nails down a chalkboard, and chattering out in the hallway when I was still trying to sleep.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as we wandered over to the station to eat before getting the train into Pisa. We did try a pizzeria a short walk from the hotel on the same side of the road around 200m towards the town centre - A Tutta Pizza. On the walls of the shop there are many certificates and awards for their pizzas, it's easy to understand why - they were really, really good.

Would I recommend it... Yes
Would I stay here again... Yes but would bring earplugs as I couldn't cope with the noise again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosco_Peeps
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Very nice hotel, big room with a small bathroom and a balcony, to be honest I didn´t expect so nice and cozy room for the price we paid, so I was positively surprised. :)
The lady at the reception was very nice and helpful, she also gave us an umbrella when we were leaving the hotel and it started to rain.
The location of the hotel is perfect for those who travel by train, because it is in front of the railway station.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2012. The hotel is right across the street from the train station, about a 5 minute walk. Very clean, helpful staff that spoke good English. It was early June and the air conditioning was not yet turned on, so sleeping with the windows open was a challenge - very noisy. I'd suggest requesting a room that is not right on the street.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My wife had an accident in Florence while touring the city, she had to be hospitalized and operated. Friends suggested this hotel, not only because of he proximity to the Hospital she was admitted, but for its top rating.
When I first registered, I was impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the front desk staff. They spoke very good English, although in my case it was not important, because I do speak Italian. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, and their housekeeping was done on a daily basis by some hard working ladies.
Continental breakfast was served promptly on a daily basis, starting at 7:00 AM, with a good selection of bread, pastry, coffee, milk, tea, chocolate, fruit juice and mineral water.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends. In fact, my wife and I are thinking about coming back to Livorno, and we would for sure stay at this hotel.
Congratulations to the owners, and good luck to the staff. You did a wonderful job, Thank yhou.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family