“Great stay in Lucca”
Review of La Mimosa

La Mimosa
Ranked #26 of 176 Lucca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

La Mimosa is a lovely B&B. Located about a 5-minute-walk from the walls of Lucca, it offers a comfortable place to stay with outstanding service. Guiseppe and Stephano are there to welcome you, help you with reservations, call a cab or just say "buon giorno." The breakfast is lovely - bread, cheese, meat ,yogurt and fruit, along with excellent caffe. The room we stayed in was a double and was clean and comfortable, although by American standards it was tiny. Given how much we were actually in the room, it was of little consequence. I would definitely recommend this lovely B&B!

Room Tip: If traveling with more than two, choose the triple room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborrah C

Reviewed 24 June 2014

La Mimosa is just outside the city walls and is a perfect location to get away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists whilst still being really close to all the attractions and restaurants. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable we have slept on on our trip to date and Giuseppe was so friendly, attentive and customer focussed that he made our three night stay in Lucca memorable. Michael's patisserie (a block away from La Mimosa) was a wonderful place to have a late afternoon drink and he provided the most scrumptious snacks to accompany the beer and prosecco.

Truly great place to stay. When we return to Lucca, we will stay here agin. Thanks Giuseppe for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family and I recently spent two nights in Lucca. I booked two ensuite rooms for our group of 5 at La Mimosa based on feedback on TA, and was not disappointed. We had a first floor double (Edera) and ground floor triple (Tulipano?) Our hosts (Stefano and Giuseppe) were as gracious and helpful as anyone could want. The breakfast was superb. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Room Edera was adequately sized, with a somewhat funky bathroom arrangement (to be expected in older buildings), while the downstairs triple was massive. My only quibble would be something beyond the owners' control, which is traffic noise during commute hours. It could be quite noisy (especially those infernal and annoyingly ubiquitous scooters), but then I am particularly sensitive to this. Others certainly will not be. While not strictly within the central part of Lucca, La Mimosa is less than a 5-minute walk from the west gate of the city walls, making it plenty convenient for access to the abundant charms which Lucca has to offer. And if you have any doubts about whether Lucca is a worthwhile destination compared to everything else Italy has to offer, please do not. Two of my kids (after visiting Padua, Venice, Florence, and Siena) claimed Lucca was their favorite city. N.B., this was before we went to Cinqueterre. But I digress. La Mimosa is a lovely place to stay. Full-stop.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

3 blocks outside of the wall. Very friendly and helpful. The room was big and charming and neat as a pin.

Giuseppe is one of the owners and spent time in New York Couldn't do enough in suggesting what to see and places to eat.I would rate it a 10. A complete and wonderful breakfast was prvided

Room Tip: off the street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

my husband and i stayed here last week,all i can say is that the reviews are accurate,it was absolutely a great place to stayt the room was huge,warm spotless,it had a fridge which actually worked,as they usually dont..the shower was great lots of hot water,the breakfast was good and the coffee which was excellent kept coming giuseppi and stefano were both friendly and polite,i could not fault it in any way,its the best. go there with total confidence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

La Mimosa was every bit as nice as other guests have described though I'm surprised by comments about small rooms. I stayed in Glycine, a pretty and comfortable room just the right size and with a perfectly equipped bathroom also of a good size. All this and a good breakfast at such a reasonable price.

I'd like to add to the many comments on the helpfulness of the owners, Giuseppe and Stefano. On my last day in Lucca, heading back to the B&B to pick up my bag, I tripped and fell. I woke to find myself in hospital with concussion and memory loss. When I eventually remembered the B&B, it was already some hours later when hospital staff contacted them.

Giuseppe and Stefano, who had been about to call the carabinieri, rushed to the hospital to find me. During the week I was in hospital they called daily and visited several times, despite having to care for guests and show Giuseppe's visiting brother around.

As I knew nobody in Lucca their care and concern made all the difference. Let alone that they were entertaining and sympathetic visitors. When it came time for me to leave the hospital, they picked me up and drove me to the station where Giuseppe helped me get the ticket and board the train.

I was and am still overwhelmed by such generous and exceptional help. Thank you again Giuseppe and Stefano, I hope to stay at La Mimosa again and can only give it the highest recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LauraPatricia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We walked from train station on main road by old city walls. Our rooms were very nice and comfortable, decorated with flair. Breakfast was plentiful. Best of all was close location to old Lucca and free bikes for riding city walls. Owner was very helpful as we planned our drive with car we rented two blocks away. Highly recommend this B&B to all.

Room Tip: Our room was noisy from cars on street. Not sure if any faced the back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple