“Worth the Steps!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vicki W
Brisbane, Australia
“Worth the Steps!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 for a stay in July 2012

I couldn't recommend this apartment highly enough-as long as you are fit enough to climb the many stairs! Francesco met us (3 couples) at the train station and took two trips to get us all, and our luggage, to the apartment in his car. It is in the heart of Lucca and had everything that we could have wished for. Very well appointed kitchen, free wi-fi, and comfortable beds. Very spacious with air conditioning (essential at that time of year). Lucca was one of my favourite places in Italy and if we are ever fortunate enough to return I will be seeking out Francesco and this apartment again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Francesco and Monica-they couldn't have been more helpful.
Liked least: The number of steps to reach it!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Epsom
Reviewed 19 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Older travelers
Irene
Reviewed 14 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
London
Reviewed 30 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
QueenB101
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location - great apartment”
Reviewed 24 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

I stayed in Appartamento Ottolini for the first time with 4 other adults, very recently for 4 days and we are already thinking of possible dates when we can head back again.

Yes the apt is a few floors up but it wasn't an issue for any of group and gave you chance to view the building and its beautiful character. This is quite common in the area.
Decor was very tasteful, with some very nice touches such as the lighting and art work.

Location is perfect for Lucca, you are a few minutes walk away from the main Tourist info office and the bus station, where you can get to and from Pisa airport (50 min) or main train station (40min) for just 3 Euro.

It was very easy to find and the area and building felt safe and secure, even at night.

There are a vast range of shops, bars and restaurants downstairs and the surrounding streets for anything you need -inc' pharmacy, supermarket, cafes...
We had WIFI, central heating, hair dryer, iron, washing machine, dishwasher, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, Sky TV - all of which Francesco clearly explained how to use an left us useful information for in the apt and surrounding areas, honestly couldn't ask for more.

The beds are very comfy and a good size - handy for the taller men in our group.
Linen was fresh and clean, with extra blankets supplied, also nice clean soft bath towels.

Bathrooms were clean and modern with good lighting, showers and little extras like heated towel rails.

There was everything you could need and more, it made us feel very at ease and homely.
I would 100% recommend the Appartamento Ottolini to anyone, as this makes a perfect base in a beautiful city.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: style & owner had thought of everything.
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
WI
Reviewed 22 August 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
UK
Reviewed 15 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing