“Best choice in Lucca”

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Lucca
Trikala, Greece
“Best choice in Lucca”
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed with my wife for 3 nights in this hotel and I must say that we have been both impressed.
The location in a picturesque and quiet spot in the heart of old town, the service, the comfortable room, the cleanliness, the free car park and the superb buffet breakfast made our stay unforgettable in this exceptional city. Don't miss it...

PS If only the matresses were a bit softer...

MauroCusinato, Direttore at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Dear Trikala,

I'm glad to thank you for your kind words and for writing on Trip Advisor! Your review has given us into the top of the rankings! Also for that reason it has been lovelly reading about your stay! Many many thanks from all the staff and me!

I'd like to see you again in Lucca,

Mauro Cusinato

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We found the hotel here on tripadvisor. They put us in their annex. It was new, modern and had big rooms with the best bathroom of our trip. Right outside of walled city. The internet did not work in the annex. No working hard wired internet and no wireless. Breakfast was a pretty good spread, tailored to Americans. Newspapers were a nice touch. Night staff were definitely better than day staff. Beware that the parking lot is small and you need to give advance notice when you need your car.

MauroCusinato, Direttore at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Dear ItalianTraveler2010,

I thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, it has been very kind writing there!
I apologize if you had problems with Internet connection, but I inform you that in the anex you need the cable. I inform you also that we had a problem with the connection in a room during your stay, perhaps you were there. I'm really sorry for that.

I hope to see you again in the next future,

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We were lucky to be upgraded to a superior room in the Annex. It was great - spacious and very comfortable. All the staff were most accommodating. Breakfast was plentiful. The jacuzzi was a little exposed to everyone on the terrace. We didn't like the hotel's associated restaurants - overpriced and poor service. Apart from these two gripes, we enjoyed an excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
MauroCusinato, MANAGER at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 30 April 2010
Dear Grogetto,

first of all I thank you for writing about our hotel on Trip Advisor, it has been very nice from you.
About the restaurants I'm really sorry and I apologize, I would like to invite you for a dinner next time.

Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My wife and I relyed heavily on Trip Advisor for planing our recent trip to Italy. I was initially drawn to Hotel Ilaria based on the fact that they provided feedback to every review people made on Trip Advisor - good or bad. That told me they understood customer service. When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that they upgraded us from a superior room to a suite. This turned out to be the best place we stayed in Italy (although we were very pleased with every place we stayed). When providing a review, I try to be as objective as possible. No place can be perfect. There is always areas for improvement. So here is my complaint with Ilaria - the bike I picked from their selection of many bikes (free use) appeared to have a slightly bent rear wheel rim. If that's the worst thing I could find, that should tell you all you need to know about this hotel. The rooms, service, breakfast, and other amentities were exceptional. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Lucca, and highly recommend Hotel Ilaria. They've earned their high rating for a reason.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
MauroCusinato, MANAGER at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Dear Twiles,

thank you so much for the review you wrote, it has been very nice reading it.
We'll absolutely check the bikes! We thank you also for talking about that problem so we can try to improve!
We are very pleased to know that your stay was so good.

Whising to see you again in our hotel,

North Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We originally booked a superior room direct with the hotel for three nights, this became a 10 night stay due to the air traffic disruption, with additional nights spent in superior and standard rooms and a suite for one night.. Regular visitors to Italy, this is defiintely the most welcoming Italian hotel we have ever stayed in. In particular the reception staff Claudia, Fabrizio, Giulia and Samuela we felt became our friends, they were always pleasant and helpful, in fact all the hotel staff, porter, breakfast assistant and housekeeping always greeted us with a smile. The service we received was without fault. The hotel is ideally located, the public areas and bedrooms, particularly the superior rooms and suites are comfortable, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The daily free drinks and snacks were greatly appreciated and free internet access proved to be very useful. Breakfast by continental standards is excellent and the terrace a welcome place to relax. We will definitely return to the Ilaria and look forward to seeing again all the staff there who were so supportive during our stay. Grazie Mille!

signorinella
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of april and really liked the hotel. It was slightly more expensive than we wanted, but seemed much better than the other options available.

A few nice touches - free internet use (computer provided), free bikes to use and free tea/coffee/beer/soft drinks/snacks in the lounge during the day.

Breakfast on the first day wasn't great - had to wait for a table and quite a few empty bowls/plates on the buffet. But overall a a nice hotel. Staff were very friendly and recommended restaurants for both nights, and booked them for us (though we didn't get the one we wanted on the 2nd night as the didn't ring straight away)

MauroCusinato, MANAGER at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Dear Signorinella,

I'd like to thank you for writing about Hotel Ilaria on Trip Advisor, it has been so nice from you doing it!

I hope to welcome you again in our hotel,

Giulia Colabella
USA
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My boyfriend and I walked into Ilaria after an exhausting and stressful day of driving in Italy (we were first time drivers in Europe). Ilaria had just had a cancellation and were extremely accommodating. The service, breakfast buffet, internet, rooms, parking, and bike rentals all for a reasonable price were extraordinary and just what we needed. The rooms even had electrically operated black out shutters on the window...we truly enjoyed his hotel and hope to be able to return soon.

MauroCusinato, MANAGER at Hotel Ilaria, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Dear AlliRUSA,

I would like to thank you for the kind review that you wrote on Trip Advisor and for writing there.

I really hope to see you again in Lucca and in our hotel,