“Tired and unloved”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tired and unloved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a shame and what has happened? hot houses completely empty apart from a few tired looking cacti and the supposed garden for the blind with aromatic plants was actually weed strewn with a couple of wilted specimens .The guy on the entrance gate couldn't have been less helpful or welcoming .Too busy chatting on the telephone to bother with visitors .Such a shame as it is a beautiful space with lots of promise .Maybe funding is an issue ?

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nicola F

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great place to spend time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was here on Sunday. I spent over an hour looking at the various plants, from many parts of the world and the wildlife. The most magnificent resident has to be the North American redwood tree. It is a great place for families. Kids would love this place

Ferndale, Washington
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Nice respite from pavement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We visited the garden late in a week long trip to Lucca. By then we had a greenness deficiency, since the old city is pretty much entirely paved over except for a few small private courtyards. Being "country bumpkins" we missed nature. This garden isn't the best I've ever seen, but it is quite nice and has some interesting specimens. I especially loved the huge copper beech in spring leave contrasting with a smaller pale green tree growing near it. Beautiful!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kathair
Halifax, Canada
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“3 Euro to see this? Are you kidding? I can see it from the wall.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Being in Lucca for almost 3 weeks we were occasionally tempted by small things like this garden that we could see from our daily walks/runs around the wall. I almost fell over when we were asked for 3 Euro each to come in and see the gardens. What a joke! Now, I'm not saying they aren't nice gardens. It is just that we could see basically the whole thing from the wall and it was pretty ordinary and small; sure if it was free it would have been nice to walk around, but for a paid attraction I would have expected some stellar flowers and interesting things. I realize 3 Euro is not much, but we have been to tons of cities around the world where much more spectacular gardens are free to walk around. Our own hometown of Halifax has a glorious public gardens that is free to all.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dee_west
4 attraction reviews
“A bit too small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Enjoyable gardens, but quite small. I would actually not go there except I have seen all the other attractions the city has to offer...

Visited April 2014