When asked where to break our stay in Florence(How much beauty can you take in one long stay?) t he Consierge in the Ill Bianco Guedelfi, Florence suggested that we must go to Lecca and stay at the Alla Corte Degli Angeli.
However, on our way to Lucca by train the country side didnt look all that inviting. In fact it looked quite industially poor . What lay ahead? Had we made a mistake? Should we have returned to one of old favourite villages?
We arrived at Lucca...which truly was like an oasis in a drought stricken desert..Lucca is a town of unbelivable beauty. It is an ancient walled city much overlooked by todays tourist.
Our choice, or should I say, that of the Consierge was being proven correct..
Alla Corte Degli Angeli was without doubt the best boutique hotel we have ever stayed in.
What was hidden behind a not very attractive doorway was like another world. Although the reception area was not over the top extravagent it is suffice to say that the murals on the walls were of a standard befitting a cathedral, and a sample of what was to come.
We were escorted to our room and as the door opened we knew that we were indeed in a special place
The name of our room, or should I say apartment, was Rosa and the entire ceiling and the facing wall was frescoed with trellace and climbing roses. It was like looking out from the balcony of some rich viila toward tuscan styled hills. Im not sure if it was frescoed, or trompe l'aeil..the illusion of 3D. The atmosphere created was magnificant. The room itself was big by European standards and contained every feature, apart from a the availability of lunch and dinner. I can only guess that it was this lack that stopped the Alla Corte Degli Angeli from reaching its fifth star. However, to describe what was presented as breakfast was an insult to what it really was....it was a banquet like no other that could be expected. Name it, and it was there to be had. What's more it was served with a big Italian smile!
As good food and dining was abundant in Lucca the lack of lunch and dinner at the Alla Corte Degli Angeli.
could be forgiven.
Let me conclude by thanking the staff at Alla Corte Degli Angeli for a beatiful stay well beyond our expectations. I suppose I should also thank the consierge at Ill Bianco Guedelfi in Florence for helping us find a special place to which we will return.
Harold and Merle Karpin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to add information for all the customers that book to our hotel,because cause the limit traffic zone there are a lot of mistake and trouble, so I would like to add in the form confirmation or straight away in the hotel's information, the right route for to reach us. Below there are description in english and Italian.1) YOU CAN REACH THE HOTEL BY CAR You are allowed to get inside the walls from Santa Maria gate ONLY. As soon as you pass through the gate turn right taking Via della cavallerizza St. keep going straight on and you'll get into San Frediano Piazza where the church is, you mustgo all around this church untill you'll find Via cesare Battisti St. on your letf side. Get into via Cesare Battisti St. take the secondstreet on your left side wich is Via degli angeli St. Our staff will help you out with your luggage. HOTEL STAFF WILL TAKE THE PLATENUMBER OF YOUR CAR, that has to be send it to the police department and then they will show you where to park. YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYSAT THE FRONT DESK DURING ALL YOUR STAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Alla Corte Degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Hotel Lucca
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Lucca