Eurostars Toscana
US$211
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Albergo Villa Marta(Lucca)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$135
US$222
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Villa Casanova Lucca(Balbano)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$177
All reviewsfree parkingmc donaldsnice hotelminute walkovernight staymain roadwalking distancegood sizehotel is situatedshort staystayed for one nightair conditioningspacious roomtrain stationtoscanaautostradagym
Reviewed 11 March 2013

It IS a motel, and located right next to the highway, but has good soundproofing, extremely clean and well run, and none of the sleaze factor you would associate with highway motels. Bright, cheerful and well run. Staff was extremely helpful with a late arrival with small children, parking arrangements etc. Lucca is so small that it is an easy stroll to the (gorgeous) medieval center, and you can even rent bikes from the hotel. I would probably not choose to spend an entire vacation there due to location, but it is a perfect spot if you want to make a quick stop to visit Lucca (which you should) or break your trip

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Comfortable room, despite of the sound (which could be a bit annoying) and the space (it's not too big for a 4-hotel star). Breakfast with no variety, I expected more of this, but it's good anyway. One advice: don't take the coffee from the machine, ask the waiter to prepare it (it's much better). Another advice: ask the reception for "pizzerie" close to the hotel: Funiculí and Atilio: good and cheap. Another positive point: we were given a red wine hotel and chocolate; these details are good.

So this is a good hotel, 15 minute walking to the center and 20 to the railway station, new but not "ultra-modern", comfortable and with very nice people at the reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room non-facing the highway.
Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vidalson
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Good location. Just off of the Motorway and about 15 minute walk to the walls of Lucca. Rooms are bright, clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are very clean and well furnished. Free WiFi throughout the property. The inclusive breakfast is very, very good. Very nice selection of meats, cheeses, fruits and breads. Good selection of hot beverages. Free secure parking. Very quiet. Convenient to many local restaurants and gelateria's! Rate is excellent!

Room Tip: toward the back of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twaone
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Very good hotel and a good price+quality deal. Very clean (recent builing), helpful staff. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes walking from Lucca / train station, maybe 2 minutes in car :) WiFi everywere and free.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karl L
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We were travelling by car so the hotel was very convenient to find off the highway, and also very easy to access the highway again on our way to Siena. The room was quite large and very clean and modern. The room & bathroom was one of the better ones we had while in Italy.
We found the location to be good as well as we walked to the walled city in less than 20 minutes. We also found an excellent family restaurant on the way back to the hotel (actually not far from the hotel) on the right side of the street. The raviolli and risotto was to die for and the wine good and inexpensive--25 Euros for the meal and a litre of wine.
The service provided by the front desk at check in was exceptional. I had booked the hotel through another agency (lastmin.com) and they failed send the reservation to the hotel. The desk clerk was very accommodating and tried every source to find our reservation. I can't remember her name however I encountered very few hotel clerks\receptionist with as much patience as her and extremely pleasant on top of it. After unsuccessfuly calling the booking agency, they offered a room at a much better rate than what I was charged by LM.Com. The hotel manager even got involved and tried calling lastminute.com to clarify the situation.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with a large variety of hot and cold dishes to choose from.

After complaining to LM.com by phone and email I received a standard canned reply that was insensitive and did not at all respond to the issues I explained in my email, so they are definitely not a booking service that I will ever use again, and I would not recommend them to anyone. (I am writing this review on Tripadvisor as I know they do not censor the reviews.)

Room Tip: I don't know if they have a pool or spa, as I did not ask. I would have rated the value higher if I ended up paying the hotel rate offered by the hotel, but unfortunately, lastminute.com sent in their reservation in evening, and the hotel cancelled their charges and accepted their rate which was a total ripoff compared to the rate the hotel was going to charge as a walk in. Also, I would like to add that Lucca was not a planned destination, however we found the little city to be delightful and the old city very interesting and not at all touristy. I would definitely go back to Lucca and to the Eurostars Toscana Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple