“Highlight of the holiday!”
Review of Lucca Horseriding

Lucca Horseriding
Reviewed 4 August 2014

2 hour trek as complete beginners. My 2 daughters aged 15 and 14 loved it and so did I. There is something magical about being on the back of a horse going down the side of a Tuscan olive plantation. Only downside is the chemical toilet was blocked but in hindsight could have used the hotel toilet before setting off. Thank you Laura and Rosi for the experience of a lifetime!

2  Thank Chucky101a

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and I took the Strada Del Vino 2 hour riding tour and had a wonderful time. The tour was totally private and definitely a hike, but our guide made us feel right at home. The horses went up super skinny paths through the Lucca hills and we saw some incredible views. It was a very unique way to experience the Tuscan hills, and a memory I will not soon forget. My boyfriend had never really been on a horse before, so he was a total beginner, and the horse was still pretty well behaved.

1  Thank Kristin J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went on a to hour trip. The horses are great and quiet and the area is very nice. Top guides as well! Our best day in Lucca.

1  Thank Maria_d_san
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I enjoyed a lovely 2 hour hack in the Tuscan countryside riding through vineyards and olive groves.
Importantly the horses are all in really good condition with well fitting tack. Given its close proximity to Lucca the trails were quiet and rural with great views.
I rode a Maremmano, a breed originating from Tuscany, who was well behaved and extremely sure footed. The pace of the rides is well suited to beginners and more novice riders. The tour leaders spoke good English. I would thoroughly recommend a morning's hack.

2  Thank Kathrynebrown1
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I took our 13 year old grandson to Italy for 2 weeks and spent 6 days in the lucca area taking day trips to the major cities and towns in this part of Tuscany. On our last day,we decided to do something different and booked a 2 hour riding tour through Lucca Horseriding. What an incredible experience! Our guide, Rosie was terrific! She expertly guided us through vineyards, olive groves, and natural wooded areas showing us how to handle the horses and made sure we got the most out of our tour. The scenery was picture postcard perfect and it is a morning that is a highlight of our trip! We highly recommend taking time for this experience where you will see the Tuscany not visible from the roadway. Thanks, Rosie.

4  Thank NickiJ363