“Highly recommended”
Review of Al Tuscany B&B

Al Tuscany B&B
Ranked #53 of 173 Lucca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

If I go back to Lucca, which I hope to do, I would stay at Al Tuscany.

I initially had some trouble finding it before I realized I was checking a map while standing right outside the front door. It is located right in the middle of Lucca and the room was as good or better than rooms I've had other European hotels.

The biggest advantage of this place is probably the owner, who is one of the nicest people I encountered during my trip to Italy. He seemed happy to help me with pretty much anything and even let me and my friend borrow two bikes (for free) to ride around Lucca. That was especially fun because the Lucca city walls are a big pedestrian/bike area with great scenery. I also appreciated that, during breakfast, he cut open some blood oranges (or as lucky Italians call them, regular oranges...) and made some freshly-squeezed orange juice.

The room prices were also very good compared to other places in Lucca, so considering how enjoyable my stay was I don't see a reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Al Tuscany in Lucca and we had a wonderful time. It was so centrally located that it made it so easy to walk around anywhere. The accommodations were very comfortable and Claudio, the owner, was the best. He was so helpful with all of our needs and even took us to the train station the morning that we left. I would definitely recommend Al Tuscany for a great place to stay if you are in Lucca.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is probably the best B&B I've ever stayed in.
I was greeted so warmly by Claudio, the owner, who made me feel completely at home. Tea, lemon and cake was served upon arrival.
The place is very cozy, beautifully decorated with taste, such as antiques, piano, ceiling paintings and frescos. It's a Tuscan dream. I had a good night sleep, slept like a princess and woke up to the gorgeous view over the city roofs.
The B&B is situated perfectly right in the city center of Lucca, close to everything, shops, restaurants and bus station.
Claudio was a brilliant host as well for breakfast. There was a lot of choice. He made us delicious bruschettas.
Claudio was also available for guidance about Lucca, and very helpful.
I had a memorable stay here, and I would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2013

we only stayed for one night.
Got the roof room with a nice view over the roofs of the city.
I'ts a very cozy place to stay.
The manager/ host is superb: Inteligent, sociable and very helpful!
Nice breakfast (great cereals, orange juice and nutella :).
I recommend it, but do not expect any luxury!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed one night at Al Tuscany in the large room with its royal setting, ceiling paintings and all. Great views over the rooftops of Lucca. Delicious breakfast with lots of ambiance in group setting. Local cheese and cold cuts, and super coffee or espresso. Don't try to reach the building by car, best to call the host Claudio and have him pilot you in. Good overnight parking at the railway station. Claudio is incredibly patient and service oriented. He hooked us up with a bro-deal at the pizzeria next door. Very good food and local wines. Next time in Lucca we will head straight to Al Tuscany, not without calling Claudio first to guide us though.

Room Tip: Choose the large palace room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klaus E
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed here for 2nights. Claudio couldn't have been more helpful. His rooms are wonderful, quiet, massive, arty, romantic, historic all rolled into one. They are located in an easy to find area in Lucca,s historic area. We borrowed Claudio's bikes and rode around the walls, went to Florence for day trip, is quicker on the bus than the train, would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brooms1
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My sister and I had a great time during our one night stay at Al Tuscany. Claudio was warm and welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful booking us our Puccini recital in the church round the corner which was wonderful and much cheaper through Claudio. Very comfortable bed and delicious breakfast to set us up for the day. We were able to leave our luggage there on our last day as we had a late night flight from Piza. All in all a very lovely end to our Italian trip and would recommend this B and B to others for it's convenience, value for money and fabulously central location. The elevator of lovers was hilarious!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends