“Michelin Standard Food in Lucca!”

Ristorante La Norma
Ranked #11 of 590 Restaurants in Lucca
Price range: US$28 - US$39
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Thones, France
“Michelin Standard Food in Lucca!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate here twice in one week. We would have eaten here every other night, but we only discovered it on Thursday. The food is fabulous, and at least as good as the Michelin star restaurants we have in France. The chef is Sicilian, and the restaurant has only been open for 2 or 3 months. For our 30 euro tasting menu, we received 5 plus delicious small starters, a pasta dish a beautifully fresh swordfish main course, a pre-dessert, dessert, a glass of Prosecco and a small glass of an amazing Muscato d'Asti. The staff were delightful, spoke good english, and gave a detailed description of everything we ate. I hope they are still here next year, and that they don't become too popular so that I can eat here whenever I want to.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fine dining in Lucca!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Tried this restaurant based on the recent TA reviews and were not disappointed! The food was very good, and €30 for an extensive tasting menu I'd risk say it was the better value for fine dining I've had. Generous and reasonably priced wine list, attentive service and a nice deco made it one of the best dinners I've had on holidays - would definitely recommend anyone looking for a "special" meal while in Lucca / Tuscany to give it a try.

UK
“Excellent tasting menu - a special place to dine”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fine new restaurant of a quality that my partner and I never expected to find in Lucca! We had the tasting menu (specially adjusted for me owing to my shellfish allergy). The chef, Carlo Logrande, did a great job. The antipasti were particularly innovative, each featuring interesting new tastes and textures, such as for example a well-seasoned cold tomato granita atop a sliver of superb mozzarella. Interesting food with a Sicilian twist. The wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere with the vast majority of diners clearly local, not tourists. The tasting menu is excellent value for money.

Reservations are essential - also note that this is not a typical tourist restaurant. The main service starts around 2030 when most of the tables are full, with each course brought out just as it is prepared by Carlo and his sous-chef. If you arrive early or late, the service may be slower. Best ask when you reserve what time the main service is likely to start.

We experienced only one problem - we were told that the table we had specifically reserved in advance in the main area of the restaurant was unavailable. However, Annetta at the front desk was good enough to talk to Carlo and eventually find us the table we wanted, but it took some time. We enjoyed the food so much that I have not marked down my overall rating over this. Having had the pleasure of dining at several fine restaurants in France, Spain and the UK, I suggest that attention to details such as this could make La Norma an even better dining experience. I wish Carlo and his staff good luck in their venture.

2 Thank AVen_12
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely atmosphere and tasty food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a quiet street above the centre of Lucca. It is well worth the search, because the service, food and hospitality was excellent! We only stayed in Lucca for one night, but will definitively return another time.

Shropshire, UK
“This is just superb”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

La Norma is just fantastic. It's tucked away on quiet Via San Nicholas and well worth seeking it out. It is a newly opened restaurant and has a very nice, relaxed atmosphere. The tasting menu was so good and each course was a delight to the eye and the taste buds. The restaurant has a good menu choice and an extensive wine list. The waiting staff were knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. This is the best meal and eating experience we have had in Lucca. It is highly recommended and we have booked a return visit during our stay

3 Thank Shropshireladandlass