“Return Visit.. to the Big Sister Villa Donati”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 28 reviews

Reviews from our community

MAJLAD
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Return Visit.. to the Big Sister Villa Donati”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Having fallen in love with Villa Novedieci and returned to this gorgeous property for the last two years, I was so disappointed to find that when I tried to re-book for this year, due to my late enquiry the dates I wanted had already been booked. However, all was not lost, I was informed the sister property Villa Donati was available and my goodness all I can say is Wow, Wow, Wow!

The Villa is absolutely breathtaking. From the minute Jane the property manager met us like old friends and opened the gates for us to drive through we were blown away. The grounds are absolutely stunning and the pool was glistening, inviting us for our first swim of our vacation. As Jane showed us around the villa all we could do was gasp with excitement at each room we entered. Although we had viewed the property on the website in reality it was even more stylish and beautiful. After sipping our complimentary Prosecco and canapes on the loggia, we hurriedly unpacked and settled in to what we called home for the next two weeks. Breakfasts on the cool shady terrace outside the kitchen, lunches in the poolside pergola and dinners most evenings on the most amazing loggia I have ever encountered, we were in total heaven. We made the most of the barbecue area and even hired in a pizza chef one evening which was great fun.

The property is surprisingly cool even in the sweltering heat outside and our bedroom and bathroom area was huge with fabulous views of the pool and Lucca beyond, every morning when I opened the shutters that kept the room dark and cool I smiled to myself at the breathtaking Vistas and the pleasure of staying in this beautiful place.We quickly became smitten and fell in love with Donati. After a wonderful two weeks we had to sadly tear ourselves away to return home.

Once again I would like to thank Gill the owner who has created this amazing tranquil stunning property and made it available for others to enjoy. I would also like to thank Jane the property manager, who has become more like a friend to us, she went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with everything and kept us updated with what was going on in the area and advising us of new restaurants to try out. Thank you Jane. Until the next time, thank you all, we will be back!

Date of stay: August 2017
19 Oct 2017
Thank you so much for your kind comments, and so glad that you enjoyed this years's visit. We look forward to welcoming you agian - you are becoming one of our regulars! Gill
Z3365XHan...
Billingshurst, West Sussex
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

A beautiful, well furnished, spacious property. Our week's stay was made perfect by the kindness and efficiency of Jane the house manager. Elisa the chef that the villa arranged for us was outstanding.

Date of stay: September 2017
Phil D
“Absoluletly beautiful.we had a gorgeous time . Place amazing with everything you need in the travel world,”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Culinary interludes cooking school was held at this gorgeous venue. It has everything to make is comfortable and luxurious. Beautiful outlook. Lovely pool. Fabulous kitchen.

Date of stay: September 2017
SandraC29...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A real gem for a wonderful stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We've spent one week at Novedieci, we were 5 families with kids. The villa is very spacious, and elegant. The outdoor area with the dinner space, the swimming pool and the garden are fabulous. We felt so well in our stay, we and the kids enjoyed it a lot. Jane who's the property manager was very welcoming, caring and helpful, she booked nice restaurants for us, organised a day trip on a boat to visit the cinque terre and was very available each time we needed something. We requested as well to have our dinner prepared every night by a cook which was very convenient for us and Elisa and Marie-Teresa were so great and nice, the food was extraordinary. Louisa, a great babysitter helped a lot as well. So at the villa you can really enjoy a lot of facilities especially if you're a large group while enjoying a great stay in a beautiful and magnificent place. We'll be sure coming back soon.

Date of stay: August 2017
Your age range 35-49
29 Aug 2017
Thank you Sandra of your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything. I hope we can welcome you back to Novedieci again.

Best wishes, Gill
JulesAnne
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous villa to run our cooking school”
Reviewed 11 December 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We have been running cooking vacations in the Lucca region for the past seven years. Novedieci was perfect. Spacious, well equipped with wonderful facilities. The villa is only a 30 minute walk from Lucca and 45 minutes from the Pisa Airport. Jane and Gill bent over backwards to make sure that the guests of Culinary Interludes had the best time ever. Looking so forward to returning in September, 2017.

Date of stay: September 2016
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
12 Dec 2016
Thanks Julie.
MarcoPez
“Enjoyable large family holiday”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I was arranging a family villa holiday to celebrate my mothers 90th birthday. Is needed something to accommodate 13 adults and 6 children age range from 95 years old to 6 months? After searching for ages I found Novedieci. I have to say once we arrived Novedieci exceeded our expectations. We loved our two week stay. The owner helped us arrange a chef that we had come in most evenings which was excellent. One day we had some 30 family relatives come for afternoon tea and the villa was great for entertaining them all!
My family are on to me to rebook for 2017

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The large rooms and space and outdoor living area
Liked least: The stray dog that sometimes came into the garden
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
8 Nov 2016
Thank you Marco. We're looking forward to seeing you all again next summer.
MAJLAD
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Paradise Re-Visited”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

When I wrote my review of this stunning place last year I already had made my mind up that we would be booking again, which is very unusual as I like to try out new places, but this place won me over.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Jane, the wonderful property Manager and if felt so good to be back again. No introduction to the property was needed but Jane had ensured that my provisional shopping order was in the fridge and the Prosecco was chilled, heaven. She ran through some new restaurant recommendations, what was happening in the region whilst we were there and confirmed the bookings we had already made for a local chef to cook for us a few times during our stay.

As we sat on the terrace watching the sun go down we could not stop smiling knowing we had two weeks of pure bliss ahead of us. The villa was as beautiful as ever and again the style and quality of every little detail was amazing. On this trip we actually stayed around the villa and pool much more than before as it was very hard to tear ourselves away. Everything you require to make your stay amazing has been thought of. Breakfast on the patio, dinner in the loggia and relaxing in the sunshine at the pool in between, what more did we need.

I would like to say a big thank you to Jane for her daily visit to us to ensure we were happy, she is a star and also to the wonderful chefs who made us some fantastic meals during our stay. We were lucky enough to meet the owners of villa during our stay and would like to thank them for making this stunning property available. As I write this review I am already checking my holiday dates for next year.

Date of stay: September 2016
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.