“nice restaurant”

Gli Orti di via Elisa
Reserve with
Gli Orti di via Elisa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 618 Restaurants in Lucca
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A fun place with a clean decor, liked the old pictures of Lucca.The fresh mixed salad was good and the sausage pasta was delicous!
All the staff were nice and good service.
Even though I don.t speak Italian it was a comfortable place to have dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Gli Orti is a popular restaurant situated slightly away from the centre of Lucca and seems to attract a clientele of both tourists and locals.

I started off with a pasta dish which was fine enough but unspectacular. My dining companions chose risotto which they reported to be very good. My choice for the main course was beef with field greens, the beef was well cooked and tender but the accompaniment was merely a few lettuce leaves. Maybe something was lost in translation (my Italian is not too hot, alas) but I was a little underwhelmed.

The staff were friendly enough but service was a little lacklustre. The lively atmosphere of the place provided some compensation. Overall it was acceptable but I think there are better dining options in Lucca.

1  Thank traveltastic_no1
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We searched for a lunch venue out of the main tourist drag and near the botanic gardens. we found this by chance and it was perfect, even more so as it advertised a gluten-free option which was vital for my husband. we had a lovely lunch in a stylish atmosphere and the staff were most attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Visited three times during our stay in Lucca, very enjoyable. Dined both outside and inside, nice atmosphere, very good friendly service, visited by locals as well. Despite being really busy on a Sunday night the service was good and relaxed. Well cooked tasty food, the pizza was excellent, we also tried both the pork and sausage. We missed out on the goat, and the 'whole' pig which would have been interesting !
Good value for money and an enjoyable experience. Try it.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were recommended this Restaurant but left feeling slightly underwhelmed. It is located on the eastern area of Lucca The staff were friendly enough without exuding much personality. Our prima piatti was very nice but with our main course we ordered rump steak and received T-bone without any explanation. It looked tastey so we didn’t mention the error. My meal of chicken and peppers was delicious. The bill was paid in cash and they neglected to give the correct change ie keeping another 50c on top of the 2 cover charges. As the food was tastey we decided again not to mention this.

We had joined a Lucca walk that day and had noticed that it indicated a free aperitif if we showed the brochure to the restaurant, we did this and it was just ignored. Another small reason not to recommend this restaurant.

SamueleCosentino, Proprietario at Gli Orti di via Elisa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

kind ms62
our waiters come in uniform with shirt and tie. They all speak English, some also French and Spanish. We have 2 qualified sommelier a.i.s. . For this I wonder where it will have noticed the lack of professionalism.
If the steak was not as he had asked and did not do this to anyone as we could notice the error? Luckily it was good.
As for the apertitivo showed her a brochure to the waiter asking him what it was. The waiter mistook that for a brochure advertising brochure tourist and not for a voucher for a drink.
Perhaps it would be better to show it to your arrival and your departure saw that it was an appetizer. Do not you think?
However, I apologize for the inconvenience, the error is also mine that I had not given my personal communication of the discount.
samuele cosentino