“My favourite restaurant in the world”
Review of Beni

Beni
Ranked #122 of 957 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in the world”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

So, that's a bold statement. One of my best friends grew up in Pisa and this is his favorite restaurant there. My wife and I once flew to Pisa specifically to go to Benys. It's that good. We are not the richest people, we just wanted to taste the wonderful food.

Beny's passion for his food is infectious. I don't speak a word of Italian, my wife is fluent in Spanish which seems to mean she gets by in Italian. None of that matters. The pasta - beautiful. You want fish? WOW! The freshness of the meat - I'm salivating writing this.

Not sure if I'm putting this across well enough. Go to Beny's. You will not be disappointed. A gastronomic treat. I love it!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank AlanPWall

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Exceptional small restaurant”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Our 2012 Fodor's Guide listed Beny's as specializing in sea food. My wife does not eat meat so to reserve a table here for dinner was a "no brainer". We were not disappointed.
It is not easy to find, being located in the corner of a square off the Corso Italia just south of the River Arno. But the search was well worthwhile. My wife's fish was superb and my sliced steak simply outstanding, eaten, of course, after the mandatory pasta which was also first class. We were the only non Italians in the one room restaurant, always a good sign.
We would unhesitatingly recommend this to those who want a special evening out.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mgsnorwich
Herndon, Virginia
“Spelled wrong here....but fantastic”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The proper spelling is "Beny" but nonetheless we went here because of the TripAdvisor reviews and they are correct. If you're in Pisa, find this place! It's right in the corner of the Piazza and open for both lunch and dinner. We had lunch and it was out of this world. I had some of the best Gnocchi ever and my wife had an equally fantastic pasta dish. When we went the place was empty but soon filled up with mostly locals, always a good sign. We had so many good meals in Italy that it's hard to say which was best, but this was easily the best pasta we had! The host could NOT have been nicer and his wife cooked up the magic.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Randy_VA
Pisa
“Tens of 5 stars”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I don't think there's anything better in Pisa.

Full disclosure: I've been there tens times over the past years and have come to appreciate the couple that runs the plans as much as their food.

The word (couple) already suggests a small place, well-hidden (no sign, and in a small, central and beautiful piazza) and ultimately the passion you should expect from a family really good at what they do.

What do they do?

Well, request Damiano tell you the menu (interpret)and ask for their shrimps with truffle or bottarga, or their ombrina with artichokes.

And don't forget the rum with strawberries and chocolate.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank DatoCheCiSiamo
wales
“The best meal we had on our tour of Tuscany”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I cannot recomend this highly enough. Great atmosphere and a charming host. Will definately return soon.

• Visited February 2011