“Bed bugs!! horrible!!”

Hostel Station Pisa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisa
Hostel Station Pisa
Ranked #83 of 135 Speciality Lodging in Pisa
Bremen, Germany
“Bed bugs!! horrible!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Wanted to stay in the hostel for two nights together with some friends. I have stayed in many hostels before but this was the worst ever. When I woke up I saw bed bugs on my bed. Stitches on my whole body. It was so itchy! Please do not stay in this hostel to avoid spreading those bed bugs to other hostels or your home! The bathroom was old, the shower was cold and unhygienic. I stayed there in octobre and there were some strange people in the hostel who were definitely no backpackers or tourists. It was very loud at night because of the railway tracks behind the hostel and the motorway. I liked the free wifi and the dinner though. The location was okay: close to the airport and station but a little far from the city centre (~35 min walk). nevertheless: absolutely disgusting!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank juli s

Families
Business
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The Hostel is in a pretty good location, about a 15 min walk from the airport and the directions were pretty good. and then about a 10 min walk to the Tower and only a 2 min walk to the train station.
The Room wasnt the best, we stayed in a female dorm on the ground floor and didn't seem very secure, the room door didn't have a lock and the front door of the hostel was open all the time. The room had a locker for everyone, however the one we were allocated didnt lock. Not the cleanist place, I got bed bugs here.
The bathrooms werent the best either, there was 2 dorms on the ground floor and only 2 bathrooms. There was no water pressure at all, had to have a cold shower.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roshni M

Travellers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2011

While travelling around, I spend one night in Station Pisa hostel with 3 friends.The 4-bed room we had booked was clean but really simple and the beds were 2 bunkbeds, no problem for us but might be a problem for other age groups. The bathroom was shared with another room but clean as well. It's location is perfect, between the airport and the centre, on the other hand Pisa is a rather small city, so everything is in walking distance. As far as I saw, most people in the hostel were young travellers, which is also the age group I would recommend this hostel to. The receptionists were nice and helpful with everything we needed. For the price of 50 euro/night for a room for 4 people, it was more than expected. However, I wouldn't recommend it for people who want to travel with luxury, just for the ones who need a simple, cheap, clean and convieniently located place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 January 2011

the place is clean and the staff friendly but three big minus:
1. they charge us (3 persons) ten euros meanwhile other guests in the dorm told us that they paid seven euros
2. and it was too hot so we hard couldn't sleep. Imagine how it is in the summer! The ventilation is bad.
3. we couldn't sleep neither 'cause there's a highway right next to the hostel so we heard all night all traffic rush by ;-((

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Hamburg
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I just love this place - not only because of charming "Adonis" Carlo and funny "Entertainer" Giovanni and their honest advice "make it your home!" It definitely felt like home, cause the atmosphere was relaxed and personal and from the beginning the guys carried over the italian way of life. The rooms are basic but totally cosy and clean and the free espresso is just superb, especially when Carlo is preparing it with lots of love. ;))) The hostel is about 5 minutes to town and in case it rains while you stay there - just ask Giovanni to order the best pizza in town and enjoy it with a glass of good italian vino, because sharing is a matter of course with these great hosts. I`ll come again and not only because of Pisa - but because of two guys, who love what they do and deserve success and happiness. THANKS guys!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Salinschka
London, UK
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My friend and I went to Psa just to hang out and take pics of the Tower and go to other cities in Rome. We had no clue about hwere to stay. We stumbled on Hostel Station at the recommendation of a person we met in a restaurant. I have stayed in Hostels before; some are nice but others can be really bad. This one was WONDERFUL! The staff were so accommodating and fun. They laughed with us and met our every need! The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The location was great; a five minute walk to/from the train station, five minute cab from the airport, five/ten minute cab from the Tower. There are even bikes to use if you want to pedal around the city!
I would recommend this Hostel for young travellers as most of the residents were in their 20's. The Hostel Station was a perfect solution and we even stayed two nights after having so much fun there the first night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends