“Delicious food”

Ranked #118 of 1,054 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: L'Osteria i Santi nasce nel 2001 nel cuore del centro storico di Pisa a 300 metri da Piazza dei Miracoli, a 200 metri da Piazza dei Cavalieri e a 100 metri dal Lungarno Pacinotti. La nostra filosofia si basa prima di tutto sulla qualità degli ingredienti e l'accuratezza nella scelta delle materie prime, mantenendo nel tempo i valori con i quali abbiamo dato vita alla nostra attività: la passione per il nostro lavoro, la forte cultura aziendale di un'impresa familiare e la costante ricerca della soddisfazione del cliente. Da noi si possono gustare i prodotti della tradizione pisana e toscana come il bordatino, la zuppa toscana e il baccalà
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We went here the last evening of our week long stay in Pisa. We shared the platter of assorted cheeses and meat as a starter, and it was possibly the best food we had all week. This is really high quality food. Afterwards we had the lasagna, which was very good although maybe not something out of the ordinary. If I ever go back I might try something more special, but it was definitely tasty enough.

Cheaper than the restaurants closer to the tower, even though it’s just three minutes extra to walk. Service was okay, not outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,246)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

After seeing the sites in Pisa, my wife and I stopped at I Santi for a quick bite. The Sampler plate we ordered to share was good. Not amazing, but the food was good. The location was a little bit beyond the hustle and bustle, but steps away. The staff was friendly and the class was reasonable.

It was a good place to go and relax for a snack before continuing touring the city.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by and had low expectations since the restaurant is placed in the most touristic street. We ordered ravioli, gnocchi with 4 cheeses and mushroom pasta. The mushroom pasta was eatable. The ravioli was accompanied by a sauce that tasted like slimy stock. However, the worst experience was the gnocchi. It was raw, like small pieces of mashed potatoes that we didn’t even need to chew. The waiter was uninterested in giving service during the entire dinner, but when he was cleaning the table he asked if everything was good (since we didn’t finish the gnocchi). We told him that the gnocchi was like raw dough and tasted more like mashed potatoes. His answer: “it is supposed to be soft, it is a different kind of gnocchi”. Well, you don’t need to be an educated chef to know that something was wrong with that dish and if that is how they normally serve it we recommend them to find a new recipe. (My dinner company are all head chefs with 15 years of experience from the food industry and they agree). All in all, bad service and bad food. Worse than expected. (After the visit we found a comment from 2016 which said the exact same thing as us, so they have apparantely not changed the menu or service since 2016...)

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Non communicative waiters, uncooked gnocchi, extremely al'dente pasta.
More peppercorns than pasta.
Angrily defending wrongly cooked pasta.
Don't go there, stay away!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I Santi was recommended by the staff of B&B 7 Rooms which is steps away from the Osteria. Initially, we were doubtful if it might be another tourist trap but it turned out to be a lovely little restaurant that served yummy food at great price, absolutely two thumbs up!