“Great location, and wonderful service”

Antica Trattoria Antonietta
Ranked #860 of 1,004 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This restaurant has an excellent location just a few steps from the Leaning Tower. We stopped in after a long day on tour. All we wanted was drinks, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did not eat but the food looked very good.

1  Thank Ccurrier2

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A significant attraction of this restaurant is its location very close to the Cathedral and Leaning Tower. It has attractive pavement tables and indoor seating. Service is perfectly OK and the menu very typical of the many roadside restaurants in the town (pizzas, pastas and fish and meat entrees). Prices are average for the neighbourhood. Food is not the greatest in town. I had a shrimp pasta which was not the most flavoursome of pastas in Tuscany but OK for a quick meal and the person I was dining with had gnocchi which was similarly 'average'. In our opinion the restaurant is fine for a casual meal at reasonable prices but there are better restaurants for food quality.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I went to vacation with my familly.we had my food ristorante antonetta, food was very good.I had spaggeti corbonara, my doughter had one pizza four kind of cheesh and my wife had sea food with rice, all of the food was so good and waiter service was excellent. Really we injoyed our vacation.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went to the leaning tower and stopped here for lunch. We had a chianti, pizza and lasagna. It was great with good service. It was close to the tower so it was an easy and convenient place to go on our last day in Tuscany. If you sit outside, you can easily see the tower, giving it a fun atmosphere.

1  Thank bnavas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

It's a good thing that this restaurant has a perfect location a short distance from the the Piazza Del Duoma (Leaning Tower of Pisa) so that it keep in business with lots of new patrons. It would certainly not be in business if it had to depend on repeat customers.

The service was reasonable, nothing great. The real problem is that the food was a complete disappointment. Let's start with the fact that we ordered water naturalle and they brought out a decanter of water rather than bottled water. Hard to say if it was tap water or not, so we really could not drink it.

My son describe the pizza perfectly "tastes like school cafeteria pizza". They were edible, but certainly not what you would expect of pizza in Italy. The portions were good considering the 6 EUR price, but add any drinks and your meal price will go up drastically.

It had been a long day for us and we just picked this because it was convenient. What a mistake, I should have take a little extra time and picked a better restaurant.