“Great authentic experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Great Tusan menu, the Prosciutto and Melon was immense and huge portion. Good selection of fish, meat dishes, unlike a lot of pizza and pasta places. Staff didn't speak English so this made me utilise my Italian, which was great. Also, decent prices. Loved it, :)

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

What can I say.... Life is truly beautiful when you come across a restaurant like this. Really we happened across it whilst taking a relaxing walk around Pisa. On viewing the menu we decided to have a drink and come back when it opened.
There was no problem finding it again as the aromas from the kitchen played like the pied piper to the nose.
On arrival we were greeted by the waittress. At this time we were the only people in restaurant. The waittress brought our drinks and menus also leaving some bread dough pasta ( on of their delicacies) superb and salty we couldn't resist.
We opted for the traditional Tuscan starters... Pruscitto,pork and green sauce, stuffed peppers with ham strachino cheese and black olives and aubergines stuffed with spinach and ricotta. Superb ...simple and extremely delicious.
For our second course we opted for a stew of wild boar and hare. And hand stuffed pasta... The depth of these sauces was unbelievable rich and meaty.The portion sizes perfect. We opted out of deserts unfortunately ... Truly as we were in savoury sensory heaven and I think it may have pushed me over the edge. By this stage I had already asked the waittress if I could move in with chef much to her amusement.We settled for 2 machiatos ... Again delicious and strong. Can't say enough about this restaurant its perfect.
The service is very professional though I have to say the waitresses face lit like a beacon with every comment and compliment.
A really lovely experience.. And on our first night in Pisa.... Was extremely difficult not to go back to this restaurant night after night.
We left at around 9pm there were four or five other tables in .. A nice relaxed buzz. Could resist looking at other food. Aromas of fish soup made me salivate .. Also delicious looking mussels and salmon with Orange sauce.
If you truly know and appreciate good food .... It's easy ... This is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We tried the I miei sapori on a hunch, and were well rewarded. The antipasti were just delicious! We would come back just for another bite of these. But the ambiente, very quiet and sympathetic, and especially the very professional waitress was a jewel. No waiting, nothing to complain about. Prices very reasonable. I highly recommend the I miei sapori as a very good place to eat in Pisa!

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The pasta dishes that we tried for primo were reasonably good: I've had better, I've had worse. But when we ordered a bistecca fiorentina, it was a disaster. I already started having small doubts when I saw (through the door into the kitchen) the chef turning the steak around on top of an open flame coming from what looked like a standard restaurant gas grill. When they brought the bistecca to our table, the meat was charred all around. I called the chef to complain but he tried to intimate that "it is always cooked that way." Maybe it cooked like that there, but for comparison, dear reader, try for example a restaurant called Da Padellina in Strada in Chianti, where the meat is cooked in a wood-burning oven.

As it is, this restaurant was a waste of my time (and money of course: it costs 99EUR for a meal that wasn't).

1  Thank breathwell1
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We went there because of a recommendation from a book, the atmosphere was great. Very private and prestigous, beef fillet and sea food spaghetti was amazing!

2  Thank Hagai359