“Pisa tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pisa Segway Tours - CLOSED

Pisa Segway Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pisa Segway Tours are the most appropriate to visit the entire historical centre of Pisa in less time then simply walking
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pisa tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My dream is to visit this place and I enjoyed it very much.
Worth the visit.it was a great experience.

Visited September 2013

Earlysville, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun way to see more than the Leaning Tower!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Luca was an excellent guide and made the trip fun for 2 teen boys and their mothers! Two of us had ridden Segways before and the other 2 picked it up in minutes. We covered interesting parts of Pisa and, at times, we got as much attention as the tourist attractions.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pam J
Islip, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Way to see Pisa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Two adults and two teenagers little or no experience with the Segway plus hot sunny day and very crowded equal lots of fun. Fortunately no falls and did not run over any pedestrians. Guide was patient made the tour a great experience. Well worth the cost!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank emptynester5
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love the Segway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I loved this tour, and my mother and I both picked up on how to ride a Segway very easily. I was a little nervous after reading these other reviews but it was fine! Our tour guide was wonderful and knew the answer to all of our questions. The audio tour got a little boring, but I just tuned it out while I took my pictures and zoomed around the courtyards :)

One problem with this tour, though, was that I booked it through tickitaly.com. They sent us the wrong meeting information and the description on their site and the conversation I had with their promoter made it seem like ascending Pisa was included in the tour, which was not the case. When we arrived where we were supposed to meet the tour and no one was there, I immediately called the contact numbers given. The woman who answered (not my fabulous tour guide) texted us "directions" for where we were supposed to be. Her directions consisted of "the newspaper stand" on a street that she said was ten minutes away. Not especially helpful. We found a taxi, and he said that the street was super long and he had no idea where she wanted us to go. Luckily, she called back and she was able to describe it enough to him that he got us there.

So, in short, the tour itself was wonderful, but the prep work leading up to it needs some work!

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“No! Bush is not the only one to fall off a Segway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I personally loved this tour however 4/6 of our group fell off their Segways! (Lucily not me, but maybe just good luck!) We were a group of fit 30-50 yrs olds, used to cycling, running and skiing but man did we feel lucky we didn't break anything!
3 of us complety splattered on the road- in front of oncoming traffic! Yes 2 operator errors plus one husband rear-crashing into his wife- not happy Jan!

So whilst we have to take that responsibility - I would just like to say be very careful!

Those things are not as easy to deal with on rough cobblestone surfaces! I thought we would have helmets- but no, and in the process of learning to drive them which was done very professionally, we forgot to ask. Our Segways seemed in good working order, however after one of the crashes, it wouldn't start and there was no back up for half an hour as the guide couldn't restart it herself. Finally help arrived to start up again. One headphone was dubious.

The route was great and we saw all the main sites with interesting commentary, but perhaps staying away from crowds at the Leaning Tower would be safer for all. We all breathed a sigh of relief on handing them back but I still loved seeing the city in that manner as you can cover so much more ground than walking. Our guide did a great job - considering she must have thought we were a bunch of numpties- she was unflappable !

Visited September 2012