“Booked one room, ended up with a worker alternative!”
Review of Hostel Pisa Tower

and 1 more site!
Hostel Pisa Tower
Ranked #5 of 135 Speciality Lodging in Pisa
Albrighton, England, United Kingdom
“Booked one room, ended up with a worker alternative!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were on a two week bag packing trip of Italy and spent one night here in Pisa.

We booked the private garden room which is at the back of the property and is seperate but when we arrived, we were given an upstairs 6 man bunk bed room which had been rearranged with only two single twin beds.

It was only after the manager had left and I checked the paperwork I realised we had been conned, I couldn't do anything about it as we were losing precious time in Pisa and had paid cash.

We were never offered any explanation, acknowledgement or apology, I ended up sleeping in an uncomfortable single (not a double as we'd booked) with the most horrendous traffic noise (which we wouldn't have got in the garden) so all in all a rubbish bed, room and nights sleep for a price that if we'd paid a few more euros we could've got a crummy hotel which would probably have been a million times better.

Tbf, I'm aware it's a hostel, I've stayed in many hostels and appreciate their simplicity but I expect to get what I've paid for.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Ashley C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed in this hostel for one night only, paid around 10 euros, can't really remember. It was mid January so it wasn't very busy, they gave me a very nice room, the hostel is very clean and staff really helpful giving tips about Pisa and how to get around. Shower was nice and hot (very important on mid winter). Would definitely recommend .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Caren A
lancashire
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, 5 min walk from Pisa tower. Lots of easy understandable info given to you via email once booked regarding getting there, what to expect etc. the hostel itself is lovely. Home away from home. It's of character. Staff friendly. Fridge available to use. Rooms spacious and clean. Everything is like new. Air con in rooms which is amazing at night! Definitely book this hostel :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kezminda
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Incredibly underpriced, beautiful clean modern rooms with a power shower to die for. Hotel owner is brilliant, gave us a map pin pointing the best restaurants and places to avoid and directed us to the cheapest car park to park overnight. There's no lift but he helped carry all our luggage upstairs. The hotel cannot be closer to the tower, it's the perfect location. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hancchich
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed in hostel Pisa tower late June and could not fault it. It was so cosy and comfortable, extremely clean, it had a fantastic location (right under the tower!) and incredible staff! It really is nice to have people who care about you when you are so far from home. For me, I am from New Zealand and I injured myself really badly on the day we were meant to leave. Staff were very sympathetic and insisted on helping wherever they could!! Best hostel I have stayed at for staff. Thank you so much Mark, Patricia and Valerio!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Molly B
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The hotel is really close to the tower. Besides the fact that there is no sign of the hotel so it is a little bit difficult to find this hotel (since it is a new hotel), i love the location, the staff, the room. Recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Excellent hostel! Very close to the tower (i could see it from my window), the staff were very friendly, offered great facilities for what you're paying for, and an amazing chilling area in the back garden! Great place to relax, chill and is very central. Totally recommended!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends