“SHAMBOLIC! MISERABLE STAFF.”
Review of Hostel Pisa Tower

Hostel Pisa Tower
Ranked #6 of 148 Speciality Lodging in Pisa
Reviewed 30 September 2013

AVOID this hostel, we cancelled our booking to later find out that we would still be charged. When we tried to keep the booking we were already paying for, we were told the room had been given to other people! So they got 2 payments for 1 night! I feel that we were deliberately not told about the charge so they could make more money. When we tried to phone the hostel, the miserable man just hung up on us! BEWARE! THERE ARE MUCH NICER PLACES TO STAY IN PISA!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I love this place because the personal is very polite. We can meet amazing people. And the wifi it's very fast.
And you can play ps3 and use the kitchen. It's very near to the tower of pisa. And you can arrive later

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here between 1st-3rd September 2013 as part of a holiday around Switzerland and other parts of Italy, and this hostel was by far the best. The staff were very friendly, and the whole hostel had such character. I wish I stayed here longer, but there wasn't too much to do in Pisa after the tower (right next to hostel). Would recommend to everyone! Only downside was that there was only 2 bathrooms for the hostel, but as they explain there, this is due to it being an old building - just have to time when to shower etc.

Room Tip: I had the Galileo room (6 mixed), and it looked out onto the patio area. This room was fine, no nois...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roseanne C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

great location just next to main attraction,walking distance to restaurant,shops,souveniers shop,bars and city center,good valur for money and made very welcome from day one will def be there again with family

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank armandorusso
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were on a two week bag packing trip of Italy and spent one night here in Pisa.

We booked the private garden room which is at the back of the property and is seperate but when we arrived, we were given an upstairs 6 man bunk bed room which had been rearranged with only two single twin beds.

It was only after the manager had left and I checked the paperwork I realised we had been conned, I couldn't do anything about it as we were losing precious time in Pisa and had paid cash.

We were never offered any explanation, acknowledgement or apology, I ended up sleeping in an uncomfortable single (not a double as we'd booked) with the most horrendous traffic noise (which we wouldn't have got in the garden) so all in all a rubbish bed, room and nights sleep for a price that if we'd paid a few more euros we could've got a crummy hotel which would probably have been a million times better.

Tbf, I'm aware it's a hostel, I've stayed in many hostels and appreciate their simplicity but I expect to get what I've paid for.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed in this hostel for one night only, paid around 10 euros, can't really remember. It was mid January so it wasn't very busy, they gave me a very nice room, the hostel is very clean and staff really helpful giving tips about Pisa and how to get around. Shower was nice and hot (very important on mid winter). Would definitely recommend .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Caren A
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, 5 min walk from Pisa tower. Lots of easy understandable info given to you via email once booked regarding getting there, what to expect etc. the hostel itself is lovely. Home away from home. It's of character. Staff friendly. Fridge available to use. Rooms spacious and clean. Everything is like new. Air con in rooms which is amazing at night! Definitely book this hostel :)

• Stayed: August 2013