Royal Victoria Hotel
US$140
US$152
US$133
1,204 results
All reviewsthe riverroof terraceoldest hotelcharles dickensgrand tourfaded grandeursteeped in historyantique furnitureold charmleaning towerlovely old hotelhigh ceilingsstep back in timetrain stationfourth floornoisy at nightminute walk
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here last July. I found the hotel to be fine, perhaps the rooms are a little tired but then this adds to its overall quirkiness. The Hotel is located close to the shops and nightlfe and about a 15 -20 minute walk from the leaning tower and other tourist attractions. Overall, for the price it was fine. The only negative I can think of is that there was no AC in the rooms and even with the fan operating, the bedroom was still hot; this could bother some people more than me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick P
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Our new year's eve was fantastic because of this hotel. We plenned to go to Pisa for this heppening and we booked to this hotel 'casue it was no too expensive like others. It was 50 € per night in room for two. When we came in the room we so that from our balcony we were 5 meters from the Arno with a beautiful view of the the river from left to right 'cause the hotel is on a curve. So everything started positively. So we went to the reception to find the program of where is the center of activities for the new year's eve and we were shocked... it was in fron of our hotel on the main bridge called "Ponte di Mezzo". This was perfect. We put the table on the balcony, the schampagne and two glasses, two chairs, and watched all the program from our room.

The hotel is very confortable, and the old-fashioned style makes this room a worm and interesting place to stay.

We had the first day a promblem with the air conditioning system but after we called the guy came in about 3 minutes and fixed everything.

The personal is really sweet and lovely.

If I could I would give 10 stars for this hotel. **********

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A wonderful stay full of kindness and history.
it was too short and, if we could, we would like to stay longer and get more benefit of the historical hotel. We hope that kind of accommodation will go on and not be replaced by a new international kind of hotel we can see everywhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Agnes P
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights. All reception staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was very nice with good variety, served by very nice lady, always with a smile. Room and bathroom were very clean and spacious.
Only complaints was that garden terrace seemed to be closed alot of the time, not a problem for me but my girlfriend smokes. Also window in room was a bit rickity and did not open. No kettle in room but dinning staff are happy to give you pot of tea or coffee you can take to your room in the morning.
Location very good, ten minutes from tower and less than few minutes from pisa shopping and night life. Airport bus stop just opposite hotel.
We had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Fintan M
Reviewed 24 October 2013

As a result of a flight cancellation, we had to find a hotel in a hurry. Without access to the internet, I found a recommendation for Royal Victoria Hotel in a guidebook. The hotel has a pleasant old world charm in its reception area and the welcome was warm and accommodating. We were offered a room on what was described as the "quiet side", overlooking a courtyard, on the third floor. After taking the tiny two person elevator to the third floor we found a pleasant large room. However, the room was in need of some maintenance, as I was unable to open a bathroom window (it had obviously worked at some stage in the past, there were broken and loose floor tiles and I had to open the door of an old fashioned cupboard by hooking something in the key hole, as the latch was broken. The beds were rickety, but fairly comfortable.

The biggest issue we had on our first night was noise. The room (329) did not so much overlook a courtyard as the back of other buildings. We do not know where the noise quite came from, but a party involving many people, I would guess around 100, went on until about 3am, then stopped abruptly. When, next morning I asked if this was normal and could I expect the same the next night, I was told that as the next night was Saturday, it could be noisy. I was offered earplugs. In the end we decided to stay on and Saturday night was not nearly as noisy as Friday night. I am told that the rooms which face the front/river are much noisier.

We had to spend the next day at the hotel, so moved out of the room at 11am to allow the room to be serviced. We moved onto a pleasant rooftop garden area, where we remained all afternoon. When at 6pm the room had not yet been serviced, I asked reception when the room would be serviced. I was told that because our key had not been handed in at reception it was assumed that we had been in the room all day. I was told that there was a notice on the wall telling us to hand our key into reception if we left the hotel. This clearly did not please me. A simple notification on check in would have solved this problem.

Enough of the things we did not like. The roof garden was a very pleasant place to sit, as was the lounge area on the ground floor. The breakfast was very enjoyable and comprehensive, to be recommended. The "happy hour" glass of wine for 3 euros, plus help yourself snacks, was worth it. The wifi system, which I had to pay for, did not work in the bedroom, so I had to go to a public area to use.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple