“A very good choice in Pisa”
Review of Bologna Hotel Pisa

Bologna Hotel Pisa
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights; the hotel is very close both to the train station and to the centre of the city. The atmosphere is warm and elegant; the room was spacious and well furnished, with a recently renewed bathroom. All the staff I have dealt with have been helpful and kind, from the reception to the cleaning staff. The breakfast was tasty, with a rich choice of food. In my experience the only limited aspect has been the wifi, because in my room the connection was a bit weak. If you have a room on the front side of the hotel it can get a bit noisy during the day or the early morning, but during the night it has been quiet. Therefore my experience has been very positive and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AZ1596
Write a ReviewReviews (2,584)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was there in November, off-season, so the rate was very good for the quality of the hotel. Excellent location, 15-20 minute walk away from the leaning tower (and the crowds!), but two blocks away from the main shopping street, and another 10-15 minute walk to the train station. City bus to the airport from the street in front of the hotel. Very friendly staff, from the front desk to the restaurant. My room was recently redone. Good free WiFi. All in all, a very good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wmPaS
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had made a reservation for this hotel but on my arrival I discovered I was a day early and the hotel was full! The extremely helpful lady, Marina, at the front desk called around and found us a Bed and Breakfast very close by. She also talked to Expedia for me so I was able to get a full refund.
This was above and beyond what she needed to do. I will definitely make a reservation at this hotel if I go to Pisa again, and will arrive on the correct day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 47lovetoravel
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have taken family room, as two kids, excellent service with good price in Pisa, just walking from station and very nice hotel, good staff, tasty breakfast, room are spacious and bathroom well appointed. Also got the Cattle for Hot Tea and free water bottles, which we never got anywhere in our trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chitrnjan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights,very nice hotel,we had a room at the back which was very 'Italian' it had an adjoining door which had no soundproofing at all,we had very noisy neighbours that did keep us awake so would advise that you ask for for a non adjoining room.
Breakfast was lovely with a good selection of hot and cold food but wait to be seated,staff were all very helpful and stored our bags after we had checked out.

Room Tip: Ask for Non adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duncan C
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here in September 2013 for one night and had a wonderful stay. The staff are friendly and very helpful and the hotel is a beautiful building with excellent facilities. The room was spacious and cool and the bathroom well appointed. Breakfast was lovely with a good selection of fruit, pastries and deli foods on offer. Excellent coffee and a lovely room to dine in. The hotel is a 15 minute stroll to the leaning tower and associated attractions. Very close to the station although watch google maps if you use them to find the hotel - the directions are a bit misleading! The hotel is excellent value for money and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BiondinaE
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked this hotel as the start of the holiday before going on to Florence and returned here on the way home.

Arrived late and no problems checking in and the room was large comfortable and clean with good beds and facilities. Once the rain stopped we walked to the Tower of Pisa which took about 20 minutes and at 11.30 pm the place was nice and empty and the only other tourists we came across were English out enjoying the “wet”. The rain wetting the surfaces made for some good reflective photos though!

The breakfast was set out in buffet style and very good too with hot and cold choices or what you would expect. Toast the bread as untoasted it was chewy! The only tiniest of complaints with both stays.

After breakfast we were close enough to walk to the Rail station to go on to Florence such is the location of the Hotel. Returning from Florence to Pisa later that week, we again walked from the Station to the Hotel and this time we had a room in a newer block than the “old Hotel” and this room was larger and just as clean with the same facilitates.

Very pleased with the choice and location. The Hotel also has a shuttle service to the airport which we used. The cost is minimal 5 euros per person I believe and free if you book the Hotel accommodation direct with the Hotel. A taxi fare to the Airport was 15 euros.

The wifi worked fine on both occasions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple