Where to start. We trawled through the internet, and Pisa itself, looking for a suitable venue, for our wedding reception. Our search was over pretty much the moment we entered the hotel, having walked into the garden beautifully illuminated with fairylights we were sold. We asked if we could have a look around, nothing was too much trouble as they showed us anywhere we wanted to see that was not occupied, by other guests at that time.
Having been impressed with what we had seen, and who we had met, we set up a meeting with the owner. We had a vision of what our reception would be. The owner, a delightfully charming elegant lady, enhanced our vision beyond our dreams. The casual approach to the event at times seemed strange to our British "rat race" view of life. However the stylish, sophisticated splendour of the event epitimised their professionalism.
Having given them an outline, we were in their hands to an extent, living 2000 miles away. Antonella the hotels events coordinator reassured us every turn of the clock. After all we had 50 guests travelling a long way for this extremely special occasion.
You will be able to see by the pictures included how lovely it all turned out to be. What wont be visible is the wonderful atmosphere that was created by Antonella and her staff.
If you want an authentic traditional italian hotel, that has an air of quality, with courteous staff, especially if you have romance in your heart, and appreciate the nice things in life, then this is the hotel for you.
This hotel is included in the website "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" - i am not surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel