“Lovely food near the tower!”
Review of Osteria in domo

Osteria in domo
Reserve with
Osteria in domo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 982 Restaurants in Pisa
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Pisa near the main attractions like Square of Miracles , the Leaning tower etc the OSTERIA IN DOMO is a typical tuscany restaurant which offers excellents meats and fresh fish at very good prices. Nel cuore di Pisa vicinissima ai principali monumenti come Piazza dei MIracoli , la Torre Pendente etc l'OSTERIA IN DOMO e una tipica osteria toscana che offre piatti regionali alcuni rivisitati con creativita' con eccellente carne e pesce fresco a dei prezzi competitivi
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely authentic italian food with friendly staff and reasonable prices, I had the lasagne which wasn't a huge portion but just right if you are going to have antipasta and/or secondi. My boyfriend had the ravioli which was delicious, all in all a nice place to eat if you don't want to venture to far from the tower etc.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Ordered the hamburger and fries and it is definitely not what an American would think it is. The patty was dense and very gamey. The carbonara was dry and was lacking flavor. The ravioli was also dense and too heavy. I would not recommend this place. I would rather eat from a street vendor.

6  Thank TravelOut808
osteriaindomo, Proprietario at Osteria in domo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

I can not believe it! I had hawaiian customers in my restaurant and I was not there! too bad.!
the Hawaiians peoples are fantastic and I'm sorry to have been absent.
but ...........
if a person from Honolulu tells me that my Tuscany ravioli and my carbonara are wrong for me is not an insult but a compliment
I personally do not permit me to go to lunch at Honolulu and criticize a Hawaiian dish like salmon lomi lomi.
Also, in addition to critical _ you have though to send a review "terribile " through Trip Advisor and that aggravate it further.

then about of the hamburgher

ours hamburgers is not like an Americans hamburgers?
Very well, we're very happy 'cause ours hamburgers is a Tuscan burger selected and it has nothing in common with those of Mc Donald's or Burger King.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Me and my partner visited here on our last night in Pisa. The food was great to start I had mushroom linguini big portion and great flavours! Main course I had the grilled pork which was cook perfectly with a salads which was great! The service was fast! Definitely recommend best place for food in pisa!!

1  Thank Corrie E
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

That's mainly all I can say :)
Both my girlfriend's Carbonara and mine Napoli were outstanding. Nice white wine to sum this up.
The staff was helpful and patient, very patient (we were observing them dealing with super-whining French couple...) Kudos :)

Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Telekom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a gem, even if it is in the "middle" of the main tourist street to The leaning tower. 8-10 seats outside; we got a seat, and a restaurant inside. Nobody tries to "throw" you inside which you will see on several other places.
We shared the starter(carpaccio)- very good and a large portion. Then we continued with pork, sliced in smaller, 1 cm large slices and served with olives and other vegetables. Oh yes, this was good. A bottle of red wine, too hot - i.e. over 20 degrees which is a pity. They should use a refrigerator to keep the red wines chilled as well as the rosé or white. In a evening temperature of 25- 28 degrees the red wine will quite quickly reach a nice temperature even if it has been chilled before serving. Our male waiter was obviously on the training, but he did well and with a very nice behaviour to correct his smaller mistakes.
Go there? Yes, I think you shall visit it. It was a nice restaurant with good food.