“Italian hospitality really close to the leaning Tower.”

Residenza d'Epoca Villa Tower Inn
Ranked #4 of 138 Speciality Lodging in Pisa
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is a small hotel situated close to the Leaning Tower and within a walking distance from the riverside, which makes the location of the hotel great when exploring Pisa. The house has a nice architectural style and the staff are friendly and helpful. We loved our stay there and we surely will stay there again, if we're going back to Pisa.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Elin-Oslo
There are newer reviews for Residenza d'Epoca Villa Tower Inn

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a very nice little inn. Excellent architecture, clean, scenic, just 200m from the Pisa leaning tower but far enough to avoid the zillions of tourists.... Both our rooms where very spacious, very well decorated and equipped with small (but efficient) bathroom facilities, TV and good Wi-Fi. On the other hand breakfast was "spartan" .... 8-) but, hey, this is a very good value for money! My only real complaint: management does not seem to care about the zillions of mosquitos having long party nights on my meaty body! I do not expect them to run an anti-mosquito war but I was expecting something more than a simple "This is Pisa" after my relevant comment. Are they aware of concepts like anti-mosquito window-seiths, mosquito repellers, etc. or should I bring them from my home country?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kostas K
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Great attention to detail recently renovated. Compact attic room but great use of space.let us leave our bags here after check our so we could walk around pisa. Relaxing garden nice sweet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and great staff. This unique upper class 19 century villa has been transferred into a small hotel with great charisma. Superb location, walking distance from the tower and just 15 minutes from airport. Free parking In the backyard.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Myself and my mother stayed here for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay and would certainly return. We stayed in one of the loft rooms, in the eaves and it was perfectly sufficient. Much to our surprise the room enjoyed splendid view of the tower itself, we couldn't believe this wasn’t mentioned in the literature – a great selling point! The room was quite spacious and there is a LCD TV (no English channels but we didn't care as we weren’t here to watch TV) and a fridge stocked with a few drinks which was a really nice touch. We had an en suite shower room and it was nicely decorated and very clean, a couple of points to mention however… the toiletries are not replenished each day so we ran out of shower gel, not a huge issue but thought I would mention. Also, the toilet was in the shower room in a separate room with its own door, however, it had no light in the toilet and as there is no window if you closed the door you were in the pitch black, just seemed a little odd but didn't affect our stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was OK… we would have preferred a little more choice as the options were either ham and cheese toasties or sweet pastries and we prefer more savoury options; a little fruit or meats and cheeses but that’s personal preference and it was all perfectly adequate and tasty and the coffee was awesome! The free WiFi is excellent I think each floor has its own router so there's always a great signal. In terms of the location, is it is fantastic and it is literally 2 minutes walk from the tower. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great value for money!

Room Tip: Having experienced the loft room it has very small windows, looking at the pictures I would probably...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CambridgeBelle
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on whats others wrote in trip advisor but when we got there we were disappointed for what we got for the value of money. We had a top floor room that had no curtains just nets so light came in the room in the morning, no fridge stocked or even working in the room and then after my partner took a shower the bathroom flooded and water was coming into the bedroom. At 11pm the guy downstairs at reception was very helpful and kindly came with towels and a mop to clean up the bathroom. We were offered to change rooms but it was so late and as we were leaving in the morning for a flight we just asked to use another room to take a shower. The breakfast was also very basic. This was not value for money.
The only good thing I can say it was a literally less than 5 minutes walk to the leaning tower. Pisa hotels need to pull their socks up.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a good hotel in a great location, literally a 2 minute walk from the tower, a lot closer than we expected. Our room was beautifully decorated, clean and spacious. Only annoying thing was having 2 single beds against the walls killing a lot of space, and the one window's blinds could not open. Wifi is good in the room. Bathroom is big, perfect shower. Breakfast was made of delicious pastries, cereal, yogurt etc although in a tiny breakfast room. Service was excellent however I found I have been charged for a nights stay on my credit card even though I paid in cash on arrival! This is being sorted out promptly. Overall a good luxury hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple