“Great location, quiet restful sleep”

Residenza d'Epoca Villa Tower Inn
Ranked #4 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Pisa
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Easy to find property, charming inn, very restful, nice room that can be made dark at night....wi-fi worked perfectly.....I slept like a baby.....nicely, simply decorated room...beautiful colors.....really nice deck to have breakfast on....breezy and surrounded by gorgeous Tuscan trees.....and flowers and the sound of birds all around....easy to walk to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Taverna di Emma where I ate and enjoyed very, very much.....I liked staying on the ground floor....very quiet.....

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor in the back of the hotel.....perfect for me....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in hotel for 1 night and we could not sleep because of teribble trafic from the main road, were hotel is located. There were no balcony and the top in the bathroom were damaged. Air condition were not regular but some old device, which blows all over the room. We would not recommend that hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marko H
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is a small hotel situated close to the Leaning Tower and within a walking distance from the riverside, which makes the location of the hotel great when exploring Pisa. The house has a nice architectural style and the staff are friendly and helpful. We loved our stay there and we surely will stay there again, if we're going back to Pisa.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Elin-Oslo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a very nice little inn. Excellent architecture, clean, scenic, just 200m from the Pisa leaning tower but far enough to avoid the zillions of tourists.... Both our rooms where very spacious, very well decorated and equipped with small (but efficient) bathroom facilities, TV and good Wi-Fi. On the other hand breakfast was "spartan" .... 8-) but, hey, this is a very good value for money! My only real complaint: management does not seem to care about the zillions of mosquitos having long party nights on my meaty body! I do not expect them to run an anti-mosquito war but I was expecting something more than a simple "This is Pisa" after my relevant comment. Are they aware of concepts like anti-mosquito window-seiths, mosquito repellers, etc. or should I bring them from my home country?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kostas K
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Great attention to detail recently renovated. Compact attic room but great use of space.let us leave our bags here after check our so we could walk around pisa. Relaxing garden nice sweet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and great staff. This unique upper class 19 century villa has been transferred into a small hotel with great charisma. Superb location, walking distance from the tower and just 15 minutes from airport. Free parking In the backyard.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Myself and my mother stayed here for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay and would certainly return. We stayed in one of the loft rooms, in the eaves and it was perfectly sufficient. Much to our surprise the room enjoyed splendid view of the tower itself, we couldn't believe this wasn’t mentioned in the literature – a great selling point! The room was quite spacious and there is a LCD TV (no English channels but we didn't care as we weren’t here to watch TV) and a fridge stocked with a few drinks which was a really nice touch. We had an en suite shower room and it was nicely decorated and very clean, a couple of points to mention however… the toiletries are not replenished each day so we ran out of shower gel, not a huge issue but thought I would mention. Also, the toilet was in the shower room in a separate room with its own door, however, it had no light in the toilet and as there is no window if you closed the door you were in the pitch black, just seemed a little odd but didn't affect our stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was OK… we would have preferred a little more choice as the options were either ham and cheese toasties or sweet pastries and we prefer more savoury options; a little fruit or meats and cheeses but that’s personal preference and it was all perfectly adequate and tasty and the coffee was awesome! The free WiFi is excellent I think each floor has its own router so there's always a great signal. In terms of the location, is it is fantastic and it is literally 2 minutes walk from the tower. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great value for money!

Room Tip: Having experienced the loft room it has very small windows, looking at the pictures I would probably...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family