“Happy Memories”

Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Happy Memories”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Di Stefano in October 2011 after deciding not to rush Pisa but enjoy the many sights that Pisa has to offer. The Tower is fantastic but there are heaps of other things to see and do in Pisa. What a great decision it proved to be as our overnight accomodation at Hotel Di Stefano was great value for money and made it affordable to do the two days. The Hotel was as good as any (if not better) than most we stayed in and the staff were helpful, warm and accomodating. Would stay here again without any doubt. Not far from the sights, food etc. Our trip to Pisa was one of the highlights of our 4 weeks in Italy and this our stay at this Hotel contributed to this opinion. Highly recommended, especially for the price!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Dianne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
malta
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The hotel is situated in the heart of Pisa.The room was clean & spacious, bathroom great & the staff friendly & helpful, with advice on where to eat, We thoroughly enjoyed our four night stay, roaming the nearby streets, walking through the old squares, markets Pisa style & strolling through the park on the 'modern' side of Pisa..Would recommend this hotel to any travellers wishing to visit Pisa.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank formosad
NSW
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Was in Pisa two years ago, only for a day, on route to Cinque Terre. Wasn't much impressed!! However, had a stay at Hotel Di Stefano late October which changed my mind. We were two couples & we were allocated two upstairs rooms, with balcony, in the Old Tower, which had recently underwent a renovation....WOW!!. The room on the third floor had views of the Tower which was a lovely surprise. The rooms were clean & spacious, bathroom great & the staff friendly & helpful, with advice on where to eat, walks to do & even gave us a lift to the airport on departure. We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay, roaming the nearby streets, walking through the old squares, markets Pisa style & strolling through the park on the 'modern' side of Pisa watching all the family fun & relaxation going on .Would recommend this hotel to any travellers wishing to visit Pisa.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Old Tower on 2nd. & 3rd. floor with balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pandrnsw
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The location is perfect. The staff was VERY nice and extremely helpful. The room and bathroom were small, but clean and everything was functioning properly. The breakfast was delicious. It was a great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha R
Fuerteventura, Spain
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel was friendly, clean, very pleasantly located and had a lovely fresh decor in the public areas. However, the room was cramped, spartan, lacking the comforts of a Pisa stay and the walls were thin so every sound in the floor could be heard, and the hallways and stairwells were dingy.
It's only a 20 minute walk from the train, or 15 mins on the No4 bus. Easily walkable in minutes to the main tourist part (tower etc) and only a few minutes from the shopping areas.
By normal standards 3* would be polite. A good 2* more like. In Spain this would be half the cost. I suppose Italy is more expensive generally, but I still found it overpriced.
Oh, and the occasional night disco in the University to the rear was loud and ongoing.

Room Tip: There are some wing rooms with terrace overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbueloPaul
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I was on a business trip in Pisa and stayed in Hotel Di Stefano for 3 nights with 2 colleagues. The hotel was recommended by our Italian host for its excellent location and the availability of WIFI.

I was checked in by a very friendly and helpful young man. I have booked a single delux room which was clean, quite and of decent size. The air conditioning worked well with low noise. The WIFI was free and worked well in the room.

The hotel was centrally located - 2 minutes walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri and 5 minutes to Pisa Tower.

The breakfast was basic but OK.

We were invited by our Italian host for dinner. One of my colleagues left the hotel room key in his car. When my colleague explained the situation to the person at the reception, who appeared to be the owner of the hotel. The owner refused to give my colleague a replacement key citing security reason and was rude. Finally, we got hold of our Italian host by phone who was able to talk him into providing a replacement key. In any other hotels in the world, a check of the name plus an ID card would have been sufficient. The behavior of the owner was ridiculous.

I used my company AMEX card to make my reservation on-line. However, I was told at check-out by the owner that AMEX card was not accepted. I did not push back at the time because I was not sure what credit card I used for the reservation. I went back to their WEB site yesterday and confirmed that they did accept AMEX card for reservation, and there was no indication that AMEX card would not be accepted for payment. Eventually I don't really care if my room was paid for by AMEX or Visa card. I am more concerned about their misleading practices.

In summary, the location of the hotel is excellent. The room was clean and quite. Some of the hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. The owner of the hotel was unfriendly and rude to my colleague. I am still puzzled why AMEX card was accepted for reservation, but could not be used for payment.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Hoiman L
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed in a quadruple room which had one double bed, one single bed and a cot. Room was clean but very small. Bathroom also very small and not enough places to hang towels if you're sharing a room with 4 persons. Air-conditioning was working but barely! The guy at the reception was not very friendly at all. We only stayed one night which was enough. All in all not a hotel that I'd recommend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family