“Great Hotel Excellent Staff Kudos to Larry”

AC Hotel by Marriott Pisa
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location and parking was ample.

Close to a supermarket when you need to stock up on supplies.

The rooms was very good and the beds were great.

Met one of the excellent staff named Larry and he made our stay very good, the guy is very entertaining and offered a lot of travel tips.

Kudos to him!!!!!

Definitely a place that we will return to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank N N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My sister got a room in this hotel on Sunday 13th July with a bath and a shower, for her, her husband and their 8-yr-old daughter, having booked it by telephone the day before, for 80 Euros for one night. This included breakfast. When she arrived, she asked for a price, for me and my husband for two nights, in on Monday 14th July, out on Wednesday 16th July. She was told by a very nice lady on reception that it would be 110 Euros, including breakfast. She then double-checked a couple of hours later that this quote was indeed for two nights and the lady repeated that it was 110 Euros. We asked my sister to book the room for us, using my husband's credit card, which she duly did. When we arrived on Monday 14th July at around 3.20pm, I double-checked again with the man on reception, that the price was going to be 110 Euros for two nights and he said, "Yes." Our room was clean, with stylish modern decor and an open-shower, wetroom-style bathroom with no bath. My only criticism of the room was that the shower drained away very slowly and you had to do a lot of mopping up on the floor around the shower base, to avoid slipping on it. This, however, was a minor thing to me, as cleanliness and price were far more important. Breakfast was a buffet with many different things to choose from, to cover every taste, with friendly and helpful staff, who brought more cold milk, when we asked for it. Imagine our surprise when we were handed a bill on the Wednesday morning, for 220 Euros! The man on reception, (a different one from Monday and I remember his name,) laughed when I suggested that it should be 110 Euros for two nights. He said that prices in this hotel started at 110 Euros per double room, and went up to 160 Euros per room per night. After a holiday of many other things going wrong, my husband resigned himself to paying the bill with his credit card, (we had kept aside the 110 Euros to pay the bill in cash,) and just wanted to leave. This did not sit well with me and I ran back from the car park after we had left, to discuss the matter further with the receptionist. I pointed out that my sister had paid a lot less than 110 Euros for one night for three people, and that she had double-checked that the price quoted was 110 Euros for two nights, for two people. He replied that my sister had stayed there at a weekend, when the rate was cheaper, and that small children, (I told him my sister's daughter was 8,) go free. He said that there must have been some kind of misunderstanding, and that all the quotes we got were just for one night. I could see that the receptionist wasn't going to budge, and knew that my husband was in a hurry to get to the airport, so I just gave up. However, something about all of this just doesn't make sense; why would an internatiinal business hotel like the AC Pisa allow any misunderstandings on price, (which are so easy to take place,) happen not once, but three times, when my sister and I double-checked it? This saddens my heart and puts a very sour taste in my mouth, which could so easily have been a very pleasant end to an Italian holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend, clearly a business hotel which is great - a holiday with hardly any tourists! What more could you want.
Clean, crisp rooms with high quality fittings. Small tv.
Amazing bathroom with double bath and great shower.
Nice views.
Absolutely perfect breakfast! Great selection, all fresh, really helpful and cheery staff.
Dinner is a little more restricted in choice and offerings and is quite expensive. Wifi is a rip off. Minibar is fairly well priced.

Overall a great hotel if you are having a short holiday with good bus and road links to pisa, the beach and Florence. Really enjoyed my stay. You won't be disappointed.€65 a night is a great bargain.

Top marks from me.

Room Tip: Any on the top floor will be quiet with nice views of surrounding area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

First time to Pisa and, due to a very late night arrival, we opted for the out of town Hotel AC Pisa for ease.
It looked ok online and was a reasonable rate.
It's always the small things that either annoy or joy me and here is no different.
They need more staff at front of house. There was always a wait at reception as they were doing 2-3 jobs at once. The batman was never around making it feel unwelcoming. The restaurant was never open once in our 2 night stay.
The carpets in the hallways upstairs are stained. Only one lift goes to 2nd floor as button broken. The staff aren't quiet in the hallways.
Lights in room didn't work.
Aircon didn't work and when asked about it they told us that maintenance man not in until morning. They did offer to change our room for us however.
The rooms at the back are dull and not light, looking straight into someone's living room meaning you couldn't have the curtains open.
The bathroom - although nice - was a bit shabby around the edges; scratched taps with limescale, dirty under the sink etc.
On the plus side though...slept like a baby in a huge, soft, clean bed. Staff were friendly enough and it did the job.
Couldn't have stayed any longer though. Shame for Marriot.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura B, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Pisa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Goodmorning,
we thank you for your comments and we apoogize if your stay to our proerty was not of your completely satisfaction.
best regards.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the start and finish of cycle tour of Tuscany.

The hotel is clean , modern and has a minimalist feel.

Staff very pleasant and breakfast buffet was as expected.

The hotel is about 3 k from the centre of the town in a residential/semi commercial area with little in the way of other restaurants nearby. There is a bus service running nearby and a riverside walk close which leads to the town centre

We were please with the choice although it is not ideal if you only have a short time in Pisa

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here with the family and a baby in July and found nothing to be lacking....lets do the pros and cons:

Pros:
Good clean hotel
Just off the highway - to Lucca/ Firenze
Next to several gas stations - (beware) some may only take cash or Italian Credit cards!
Next to a huge mall - huge super market - so one can stock up on food, drinks etc.
Staff - very polite, helpful and accomodating
Descent breakfast - 6 Euro
Small gym - - weights, treadmill (though we did not see anyone using it)
10 minutes away from the Leaning Tower (whic was very unimpressive) - DEFINITELY see the church and the Basillica - which are stunning!

Cons:
This is a business hotel and that vibe comes through immediately
Funky glass bathroom door - concerned a slight bang might break the glass
Away from the center of the city
Dinner service just ok
Not open for lunch

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you like your hotels to be cool, crisp and anonymous - I do - especially after staying in a bunch of rooms with "character"; which for some reason are always dark, filled with painted and banged up furniture and creaking floor boards - so this is an oasis!

Room looked exactly like the website; the bathroom was super with excellent shower etc.

The breakfast had a full selection, hot, cold, everything anyone would want.

While the location is outside tourist Pisa, it is easily reached. By car it is a straight run while the bus is very good value and frequent. Plenty of free Parking is nice, and as there is a supermarket with in walking distance everything you need to stock up on is close to hand.

Great value and well located.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple