Hotel Galilei
HotelsClick
US$93
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspisa airportdecent airport hotelnear airporthotel room was cleanmodern buildingleaving earlybusiness hotelovernight stayfollowing morningbreakfast was includedair conditioningrental carcomfortable stayvisiting pisadarsenataxischannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed at Hotel Galilei for 1 night after arriving on a late evening flight from the UK. Although less than 1 mile from the airport it is a bit tricky to get to in a car. In this respect, please be aware that you have to take a free bus from outside the airport to the car hire depots! The hotel is located in an industrial zone, it is a modern and smart looking hotei on the outside but not so smart on the inside. Staff are a bit impersonal but for a short stay it is OK and handy for the airport, has free car parking, it is close to the motorways North and South or for a visit into Pisa town to see the leaning tower. Rooms are spacious, albeit a bit dated and in need of a refurbishment, however rooms are adequate for short stays and won't cost you a fortune. Moreover, the breakfast is very good. All in all, good for a stopover.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed this past weekend for a conference, there was also a dog show in town, so apparently they all stayed at this hotel. The floor I was on, smelled like wet dog, the dogs barked ALL NIGHT LONG! and even managed to roam the halls without their owners. When we brought this to the hotel staff's attention, they acted like we were bothering them and that the dogs were no big deal. (For the record, I love dogs, BUT mine does not bark and keep me awake all night, when I need to work the next morning).
Some of the staff members were very friendly, while others were incredibly rude! At the end of my stay, I went to check out, and they tried to charge me an additional 30 euros, saying I had charges in the bar, which I did not. There were several others in my group who were also told they had this 30 euro charge, but also did not.
My overall experience in this hotel was awful. The conference rooms were the only nice thing about the stay. It was not worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank msker02
monica b, Direttore vendite at Hotel Galilei, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear msker02,

i remeber very well the situation you mentionned. The staff did everything possible calling several times to a more polite and respectful behavior towards other guests the owners of the dogs' most rebellious. "I remind you to behave in a polite manner is only a civil rule therefore we can only point out disrespectful behavior but we can not do more!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The room was filthy, it was still dirty from the previous visitors. The room smelt terrible, of urine. It was dark and depressing room. The breakfast was outrageously bad. The location was horrible. I arrived late to the hotel from Milan, and all they had to offer as food was one sandwich left. There was no form of room service or food facility for 24-hours. I was disgusted with this hotel and would never stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: No room service whatsoever
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This place needs a face lift, but if to have an early or late flight into/out of Pisa's airport. This is a no brainier. Rooms and public spaces were clean but dated, rather outdated. I booked the simplistic double room but ended up with a suite featuring a huge bathroom. Breakfast was included so I checked it out and found myself in an auditorium-size space shared with more than a 100 European tour bus passengers. Like I said, it was clean and spacious and the bed was almost comfortable. This is a useful port in a storm, but not a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow so you might want a lower floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The carpeting in our room was filthy...shoes required at all times. The lobby is hideous Italian modern. BUT...the hotel is near the airport...that is the only advantage to stay in this location. The front desk could not find our reservation when we arrived even though we had called the day before and reserved over the telephone. Fortunately, they were able to find a room for us. On a positive note, there was free parking. If at all possible stay elsewhere in Pisa the city is very close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple