“Best place to stay in PISA”

Michele Guest House
Ranked #28 of 255 Pisa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2012

First off, for the price this was the best room of the trip !! Great location if traveling by train, only a 5 minute walk.

Michele is awesome, I could have spent all day chatting with him about history and photography.

My wife and I will definitely come back and stay again, so much more to see in Tuscany !!!

Definitely stay here you will not be disappointed !!

Thanks for everything Michele!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MicheleGuestHouse, Owner at Michele Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear Guest from Phoenix
thank you for your review on this nice traveller community!
what a beautiful time I had with you and your wife.
I will remember you as the couple to discover the family Medici in Tuscany
grazie again

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My sister and I recently visited Italy for a two week stay. We roamed around to quite a few wonderful stops and with a few extra days before departure, a friend suggested we stop in the often overlooked town of Pisa - but, where to stay? He suggested Michele's Guest House. What a find - fantastic in every respect! Michele is a wonderful host - a natural historian. He has in depth information about Italy in general but Pisa, his heart and soul, specifically. He is ready to suggest the how, what, and where in Pisa including Museums, Botanical Gardens, Schools, eateries and so on... he wants you to know all about his city. And, be ready for a quiz at the end of your explorations!!

I can't say enough about his B&B. He has thought of every comfort and convenience for the traveler! First he is within walking distance from the train station! And, once inside you will be treated to an elegantly appointed room complete with complimentary snacks and coffee - there is a complete wine bar in room - other drinks and snacks available in the mini fridge. Each room has a laptop for your use! And the rooms are sparklingly clean and modern. Breakfast is more food than you can consume and again, be ready for your history lesson bright and early.

Michele and his B&B are a definite stay - not to be missed. He is a wonderful host in a great city! Put it on your list of places to go and things to do in Italy!
Debbie H.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cinque Terra room - just lovely!

Ciao Debbie
I am very glad to have left such a good memory even though you stayed here for a few hours.
Thanks also to your friend-guide Andrea for recommending our B & B.
Wonderful you also remember the quiz, you have understand perfectly the spirit of my Pisan presentation!!
Thank you so much for expaline at future guests the best points of Michele Guest House.
I am very glad to have you intrigued, especially because you had already visited Pisa with a so special and expert guide tour!
If you will decide to come again in Tuscany I'll be here at your complete disposal.
take care
your so proud host

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Michele B&B was not only an amazing experience in Pisa. It was my best experience in a B&B anywhere in the world. Michele is passionate about his city and the quality of your experience truly matters to him. He took the time to give us a complete history lesson of the city, what we should see and when, incredible restaurant recommendations. We had an early flight and he personally woke up to make us breakfast even though it was outside of normal service hours. The facility is clean, neat, and feels like a home. There is no place better in Pisa guaranteed. As a well seasoned world traveler I thank you Michele for such a refreshing experience.

Dear Guest from Los Angeles
thank you for shared your experience on this traveller community.
It 's been a pleasure having you as guests.
After reading your review, I realize all our efforts to improve are on the right direction
grazie new friend

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Michele gave a nice overview of Pisa and recommended 1 gelateria and 2 tratoria. Four of us stayed in two rooms and our friends even commented on the quality of the plumbing fixtures. A very good location if you are taking a flight out. I had been to Pisa before so I just walked everywhere. My friends took a local bus for 1.1 euro to the Leaning Tower area - Piazza Miracoli. (The train station is nearby and all the buses stop there.)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed overnight with my 82 yr old mother as we had an early departure the next morning from Pisa airport.The guest house is well located close to the railway station.Security was excellent with 4 keys required to enter our accomodation. The rooms were well appointed, clean and secure.Hair dryer, excellent coffee machine and a laptop ! As we were leaving early we were brought a "pack up" breakfast.In the morning we were walked directly to the bus stop for the airport! What better service can you ask for! There is a lift which is great for luggage and elderly relatives.The location for travelling around Tuscany was great.

Room Tip: My mother and I had separate bedrooms with adjoining bathroom. Excellent if you need separate slee...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
MicheleGuestHouse, Owner at Michele Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Guest Italian-British
I regret not having met you, I would like especially to his mom truly dynamic.
I'm happy to know your opinion.I have confirmation, that my best friend work well in my absence. Thank you for remind also our lift, this is so so helpful for the luggages. Some guests think that 4 keys are too many, but we think this just like you, but only for maximum security.
I hope see you soon for your next meeting family on the city Pistoia.
warm regards from my friend

Reviewed 20 May 2012

(The Lee and Richard families (UK) stayed between 12th & 18th May 2012)

Not just one great holiday at Michele B&B in March 2010, but another several months later! Well done to you Michele for your updated rooms. What a makeover! Photo tiles in our bathroom were amazing; I've never seen anything like them before. What a wonderful way to share your photo experiences!

Again, a lovely welcome from Michele and Giada and professional care throughout our stay. The kitchen facilities had also been updated since our previous visit - no staggered breakfast times, which we believe made it easier for Michele and staff. We appreciate that the previous breakfast arrangement was extra work for them as only one group could have breakfast at once in the previous kitchen.

Different trips were experienced this time - Viareggio, Montecatini Terme, Pistoia, Garfagnana and Portovenere (just a little east of the Cinque Terre). All were great places to see. A lot of different things can be done from Pisa with a little imagination and good transport links, and assistance from Michele of course!

Grazie mille di nuovo, Michele e Giada, dalle famiglie di Lee e Richard, Gran Bretagna.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, especially the new ones on the first floor of 96 Via Amerigo Vespucci!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
MicheleGuestHouse, Owner at Michele Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear friend families British
thank you so much for stay the second time here after two years.
On the last two years I not had any lessons of my poor english but I was more concentred for the customer satisfaction, my passions are completely oriented at photos and ceramics.
After a long experience on the many loboratories of Ceramics, Montelupo Fiorentino and in Faenza I arrived at my top realizations. The Golf of Poets Bathroom, Lungarni Bathroom and of course the nice Tuscany Bathroom.
After read your last opinion I realize stay on the right way for have the better comforts for the new guests!
Definitively the first trip is associated after our conversations at wonderful discovery of Certosa di Calci, and the second tour few days ago, your second tour is associated at Portovenere and Gulf of Poets, and of course one other favorite area in Tuscany, La Garfagnana.
For the next tour I will organize for you one so special incoming tour for the Tuscany Contryside, and I suggest to choice the same period when have the "Cantine Aperte" and you will discovery also one so rich Tuscany underground!!!
Cari amici grazie 1000

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed in Pisa for a total of 2 nights in early April - one day before our trip to Sicily and one day after before heading to Florence. The accommodations were more than lovely, well appointed, very tidy, and comfortable. The location is easily accessible from the train station, bus lines, airport, and all of the major attractions. (All in walking distance except for the airport.) Michele is nothing less than amazing....he even came and walked us to the Guest House from the train station after I could not find my printed directions that he provided. We were weary after flying overnight from the US and he really set the tone for our entire Italian vacation. He provided excellent recommendations for dining and visiting the various attractions. His knowledge of Pisa and Italy in general is fantastic. I have travelled all over Europe and North America and this was a fantastic find - particularly since this was my first overseas trip with my 4 year old! I would recommend the Michele Guest House to anyone that finds their way to Pisa - business, pleasure, alone or with family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Family from Georgia
thank you for remind your experience on this community.
Grazie for appreciated my knowledge of Italy, this last word is my first big passion!!! L'italia!!!
What a wonderful chat with you on the morning at breakfast and particulary when you come back from one of my favorite region italians. The Sicily. My first workshop photos was in The Saline di Trapani, unforgettable experience... I left one piece of the heart !
I remind so well your words when you saw la Valle dei Templi at Agrigento and the so extraordinary Erice village, and the two gulfs Tyrrhenian Sea and mediterranean.
Grazie 1000
When you will decide to come back in Italy, I'll be here at your complete disposal.