“Convenient location & nice room at the new building”

Hotel Villa Primavera
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed a night at the newer building across the street from the main hotel building where we checked-in. A young guy who checked us in was more interested to continue his conversation with his friend than to help us with our registration or to give us directions to the city center. The room we had was small but looked very new and clean with new furniture & fittings. It was an easy stroll to the city center - turned left from hotel lobby, walked straight ahead, crossed a small street and we were at the Leaning Tower in less than 10 mins. We met the hotel's friendly & cheerful owner when we returned in the evening. Our room came with a simple continental breakfast that was served by a very enthusiastic team of two guys. Last but not least, there was free parking at the back of the main building and along the street which was a plus as it was only a short walk to the center.

Room Tip: Rooms are very new at the new building across the street from the main reception lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DWELSingapore

Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a 2 star establishment and that sums it up. It is clean friendly and convenient being a 10 minute walk from the sights.
It suited us fine as a family of 5 plus 2 grandparents for 2 days sightseeing. We had a family room for 5 on the ground floor which was a bit cramped for the numbers. also a twin room on the ground floor with a balcony. There was free wifi, and free parking but the breakfast was very basic.
There was a small bar serving a limited selection of drinks plus coffee and a bit of a garden to the front where you could have a drink.

Room Tip: If you want a twin go for room 33, ground floor plus balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was not happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was clean and perfectly fine, but each step of the way was disappointing. When I arrived at the hotel, Marcello greeted me, and sent me up to my room on the second floor - to which I had to carry my suitcase up the stairs. When I got in and started to get settled, I found there was a air conditioning unit, but no way to use it. When I asked about it, I was informed that it was broken with no possibility of repair, even though I had agreed to pay EXTRA for the AC. When I reminded them of this, there was then a battle of the prices - when I made my reservation online, I agreed to pay 55 euros for a single with private bath and 5 euros more for the AC per night, but Marcello insisted that I had to pay 65, until I showed him the email and told him I would not pay more than I agreed to. Luckily the weather was cool and they provided a fan, so I could sleep fine at night. The bathroom was fine except for the black mold growing on the wall, and the shower was quite small. When I was checking out, Marcello asserted that I should pay an extra 3 euros for having accessed the wireless internet, although no one had ever mentioned that. Breakfast was mediocre at best. Although the room was fine when it all boiled down, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The "Villa Primavera" we bookend on line and the one we stayed at,was very different,to the one I read the reviews about.
There is certainly no "graceful, green garden",surrounding it,but a grey patch of sand and weeds,to welcome you .The rest is a parking lot,around he back and sides of the building.
There is no way the hotel is" Located just 300 meters from the world-famous Piazza dei Miracoli (site of the leaning tower)",It is much further almost 15 to 20 min walk,if not more.
As for the rooms,we booked a twin bed,which is so small,I am sure I have seen bigger broom closets,before.
The shower,small,again,you keep on adjusting the flow and temperature,of the water,as you try and shower.
Breakfast,nothing fancy either, unless your idea of continental breakfast is a roll and a croissant.
If I had to give this hotel any stars at all,I have to admit,it is clean,the A/C worked and we had free,Wi Fi.
I would how ever, not recommend it to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bartlett58
Reviewed 10 June 2011

A very nice hotel situated just 5 minutes walk away from the most famous tower... clean room and friendly staff will return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We stayed here for four nights due to the volcanic ash cloud. We had a quadruple room on the ground floor. It was very spacious, had plenty of storage space, was very clean. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was a continental breakfast, with plenty of croissants and coffee. A short 10 minute walk to the leaning tower. I would defintely stay here again if I was visiting Pisa again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillmills
Reviewed 18 January 2007

hotel was within walking distance to the leaning tower of pisa but didn't find the hotel that impressive for the price paid. rooms and breakfast was only average.

Stayed: January 2007