“Bad hotel, bad area, but friendly service”

Hotel Villa Primavera
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My opinion is that you must not stay in Pisa and spend any extra money!. Yes visit the leaning tower, walk for an hour & leave! That's it!! You dont need to stay for a day or even spend the night. I cant complain about the service. They were actually very friendly..But that's it....

Room Tip: Dont spend the night in Pisa..not worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wawi-May

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Noisy and by a road with a lot of traffic. It was really hard to get some sleep. The hotel can arrange transfer to the airport with a taxi company. For two familjs they primised us that it should cost us 30 euros. At the AirPort the taxi driver tells us a much higher price. It was a poor arrangemang from the hotel that caused this. There was an italian breakfast. Not very good.
We stayed just one night, but we recommend you to look for another hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I started booking accommodation for our Italy trip too late so I probably missed out on good ones. This hotel was in a very poor quality for the price we paid. The carpet in the room was old and stained, the TV was a tiny 14 inch LCD, the air conditioner remote was nowhere to be found and the hot water wasn't hot enough for a nice shower.
For breakfast we were asked to sit at a table and a hotel staff brought us some food. We weren't sure if we could ask for more and we didn't as it made us very uncomfortable. Breakfast was better than the one croissant and cappuccino in the nearby cafe that some other hotels offer, but it certainly was far from great.
The wifi coverage was very poor in the room. We had to sit by the door to use internet. The coverage was flawless in the common area.
On the positive side, the young man at the reception was very fluent with English and also very helpful. We were allowed to leave our luggage in the breakfast area after we checked out. The man at the reception ensured us that the luggage were going to be safe.
The location was very convenient for visiting the leaning tower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HodaJ
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a terrible mistake to have chosen this hotel for our one night stay at Pisa.
Since we arrived late afternoon and had to stay only one night, we straight away booked the hotel by walking in.

The rooms were musty, smelling and had an extremely dated feeling to them.

The double room on second floor was another nightmare and was awfully cramped and small.
The shower area was as tiny as possible.

The reception staff ensured that guests do not get the Aircon remote. They retained them for both rooms and only late night agreed to give them to us if we went downstairs to collect them.
There were loud noises all night from other rooms and from maintenance work carried out by hotel.
Although the hotel had inside parking, we were made to do street parking that too on opposite side of the road, even though all other parking was free and available.

At 162 Euros together for a triple and a double room, it was a rip off for the quality offer.

Totally avoid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank exchangie
Reviewed 21 May 2014

When I booked this hotel, I made a mistake, I put a wrong date. Instead of booking a room for tomorrow, I booked it for the same day. At 23:40, being 200 kilometers from the hotel. I pressed the "book" button, send my confirmation and in 30 seconds I realized that was a terrible mistake.

Since the hotel policy does not allow to cancel the booking on the arriving day without a penalty, I could not just cancel the booking. So, I wrote to the hotel, explaining the situation and asking them to rearrange the booking for tomorrow night. They didn't answer and they charged me in the morning for no show. All 90 Euros for a triple room.

I called them by phone, explained the situation and asked them again to rearrange my booking. They refused. The agent support contacted them and asked to cancel the payment. They refused.

Was this the hotel fault? Definitely not. Could they fix the situation? Definitely yes. Moreover, they would not lose any money and even get a loyal client. But they preferref to take money just for not doing anything.

I insist on the fact this is a first-hand experience with the services of this hotel, because a booking process is a service itself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night after flying into Pisa late on a Friday night. I'd selected the hotel mainly on price for a family room with breakfast and also as they have parking and we had a hire car.
The guy on reception when we arrived late didn't speak any English but we managed to figure out where he wanted us to park, check in and buy some drinks and snacks, he was really helpful despite us knowing next to no Italian!
We had a family room on the top floor and it was clean and spacious with air con. The hotel had a quaint Italian feel and a beautiful big aquarium in reception.
Breakfast was fine. The coffee was good. The staff were helpful and we checked out of our room after breakfast but they said it was no problem for us to leave our car in the car park until early afternoon whilst we went and explored the area and saw the tower etc. which was great.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank rjem20
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel is very noisy on a busy main road. The breakfast was very mean- they will only give you one cup of tea not a pot unless you protest at length, along with one very cheap roll and inedible croissant. Our air con broke in the night and the temp was 29 degrees in the room. The man on duty was abusive when we woke him up and asked what he was meant to do about it at that time of night. I had to follow him downstairs and stand there for some time before he would let us move to a different room

Room Tip: You can choose between overlooking the main road or the petrol station, take your choice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple