“Relaxing week in San Gimignano”

Fabio Apartments San Gimignano
cornwall
“Relaxing week in San Gimignano”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have just spent a very relaxing week in Contessa, enjoying breakfast on the balcony and some great meals out at Sara's recommendation.The central location was perfect. Both Fabio and Sara were very informative about the area and facilities available enabling us to plan our week to best effect. Vecche Mura being one of the highlights..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Narooma, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Wonderful base for exploring the Tuscany landscape. Apartment was in the middle of the old town and it was wonderful to be able to walk out the door and be a part of it. Fabio and Sara were extremely helpful and could not do enough to make sure we had a wonderful visit. Having a garage nearby to park your car was an added bonus. Make sure you eat at the Restaurant Mura (recommended by Fabio) - beautiful food with a wonderful view.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I spent a week in the Contessa apartment this past July, which is centrally located and a beautiful apartment with all of the required amenities, including a great balcony that we had several evening meals/drinks on.

I can't express my appreciation enough to both Fabio and his daughter Sara, who went above and beyond with assisting me with surprising my husband with a renewal of our vows ceremony, they contacted the church, spoke to priest and coordinated everything as I had hoped for. I wanted a private ceremony for just my husband and I and I wanted it in the early evening. They arranged all of it and put me in touch with the Priest so that I could work out the finer details, this was all arranged months before arriving, they even arranged a special dinner for after our ceremony - which was out of this world.

If I could give them and the apartment a ten I would - I highly recommend them and the apartment.

1 Thank Karen L
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and stayed for two weeks and it was perfect as a home base for visiting the area of Tuscany. The apartment is right on the square yet very quiet. A few steps and you can sip an expresso or sip a glass of chianti. The a/c works well, the garage is really convenient and the owners very friendly. What else can a traveler want. I highly recommend this place and would love to return ourselves.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our family of 5 stayed in Fabio's apartments for a week in July 2013 and loved every minute of it. Fabio and Sara were so kind, friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make us welcome and settle us in. The flat is clean and spacious and has beautiful views of the towers and tuscan countryside. It is a few steps away from the main square and the best place to be in San Gimignano. We loved our stay here, the friendliness, beautiful views, shops, delicious ice-creams and great cappucinos will live on in our memories forever. I truly hope to stay here again in this unforgettable spot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at Fabio and Sara's 2 bedroom apartment in San Gimignano in July 2013 - absolutely fabulous! Beautiful apartment, perfect central location, excellent hospitality - Fabio and Sara gave us great advice on places to visit, how to get there and where to eat. San Gimignano is the perfect base from which to explore Tuscany - Florence, Siena, Volterra - all within easy reach by car or public transport. And... no mosquitos, which is very unusual in summer in Italy. Thank you so much - you made our trip to Tuscany a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed in La Contessa apartment for a week at the beginning of May 2013. Sara met us at the town gate and drove our car through the narrow streets to drop off our luggage and to the garage which is located separately. Sara's orientation to the town and the apartment were fabulous. By the time she had finished we knew where everything was and what we wanted to do. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this apartment to others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple