“A jewel in the crown of the whole of Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torraccia di Chiusi

Torraccia di Chiusi
Ranked #3 of 65 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
“A jewel in the crown of the whole of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Staying at Torraccia Di Chiusi was a highlight of our month long trip to Italy. Stefano was the perfect host, sharing the history of his beautiful home with such passion and love. The tour of the ancient cave was a highlight as was the substantial wine tasting. Bruno, the chef, deserves a couple of Michelin stars for his dinners and Stefano's Leek Pasta is a dish I will remember forever. Maria made us feel very welcome and the beautiful accommodation was very comfy. I would highly recommend this agriturismo to anyone who wants to know Tuscany intimately and with their whole heart. I wish we could have stayed forever!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Donatella S, Responsabile reception at Torraccia di Chiusi, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
.Many hanks for your beautiful words, thank you for your appreciation. we love our work and we are happy when our passion becomes visible to our guests. We wish all the best for you, greetings from all of us!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

From the very personal welcome to this oasis of calm, until the time we left three days later, we were enveloped in a special atmsophere I am sure unique to this place; the history of the House, the surounding landscaps, views and the wonderful hospitality,this was a fantastic break. I would recomend to any who appreciate peace and quiet, fine food, and fantastic hospitality. We will certainly return

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Donatella S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Torraccia di Chiusi, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
What gives sense to our work is the joy of our guests. Thank you for sharing with us your time. We hope to welcome you again as soon as possible.
Greetings from all of us in Torraccia di Chiusi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Wow! My husband and I were so impressed by the beautiful accommodations, the delicious food and fantastic grounds! Stefano was such a wonderful host and made us feel so welcome! We wouldn't change a single thing about our time there. It was like a slice of heaven for us and we hope to return some day! If you stay at this magical place you won't regret it and will find yourself wishing you could stay longer!

Stayed September 2012
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Beautiful property with spectacular views in every direction. Lovely great room for guests to share which was nice in November to cozy up and enjoy some tea or wine while the kids explored the cabinet of board games in the corner. Food was outstanding, but dinner takes several hours which makes it harder with young children. All 3 of our children would eventually fall asleep during dinner, and then we were able to really enjoy the meals. The owner gave us a wonderful tour including through his own residence. The history he shares is incredible, and he showed us some ancient coins he and his wife discovered while walking around the property. Wine tasting is a must, and the best we'd ever experienced. That's saying a lot for 4 adults who have spent most of their days in CA. The wine is fabulous and a good value. The cost for half board is a bit high relative to other similar accomodations, but the property and food are wonderful. Worth visiting at least once and if it's your one and only stop in Tuscany, then splurge and experience this wonderful place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FamilyProTravelers
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend here in October, 2012. I told her i had booked an agriturismo in Tuscany to end our visit to Italy but told her nothing about the place; from the moment we arrived she was overwhelmed. The grounds are spectacular, even in the autumn, with lime and lemon trees, lavender plants, and a host of other herbs carefully cared for around the grounds. There is also lots to do in the area including a lovely 90 minute walk along the old Roman road into the medieval city of San Gimignano.

The hosts Stefano and Donatella were outstanding, as was Maria at reception. Chef Bruno prepared wonderful dinners as well. We took part in a lovely wine tasting during which we sampled Stefano's wines while he described them. They have a hot tub on site which one can reserve for a cost. The hot tub was lovely but unlike in North America, hot tubs are often left unheated when not in use (to reduce fuel cost) so make sure you reserve it prior to arrival since it takes several hours to warm up.

I've made multiple trips to Italy and stayed in several agriturismos, all of which have been excellent, but this one is without question the nicest I've had the pleasure to stay in. We will certainly return there on our next trip to Tuscany.

1 Thank Tony_Rush
Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

We chose Torraccia di Chiusi from the Tripadviser site and as usual, the comments of other travellers was "spot on"! A real taste of Tuscany on a working agri-tourismo vineyard! The region, the site , the scenery, the friendly welcome from Maria, Stefano's tour of their house with the added history lesson and Brono's cooking make this an absolute must for anyone who wants to experience the Tuscan region. Maybe a little hard to find, even with a GPS, but that is the only small negative! We spent an hour trying to find the place but I could think of worse places to spend an hour driving around in circles!!!
The room was large and had great views but for me, Bruno's efforts in the kitchen were something to be experienced. The dinners were great home style Italian cooking and you need to be absolutely starving because the meals are huge! Their wine was also very drinkable!
Do yourself a favour and spend a couple of nights here - you wont be disappointed!

1 Thank Peter B
philadelphia area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place is an incredible find. We were told to stay here by friends of ours. Were here for 4 nights, and I am already planning my return trip. Stefano and Donatella are the most gracious hosts, and Bruno's cooking is wonderful. I am a vegetarian, and we ate dinner at the agriturismo every night. I never had to remind them that I didn't eat meat, and the meals were delicious, abundant portions, and very reasonable. They have their own vineyard, and if you request it in advance, Stefano will arrange a tour of the vineyards and do a tasting. He was very helpful to us with directions and places to go while we were there. I celebrated my 50th birthday while staying there, and they welcomed me to breakfast with a beautiful flower cut from their garden and a note card wishing me a happy birthday. My children arranged to have a special surprise for me at dinner that night, and Stefano and Donatella worked with them via email to arrange everything for me. It was such a special day. There is a spa at the agriturismo, again, arrangements in advance. I had a great massage, and then my husband and I spent time in the Turkish bath...very private and very romantic.

The agriturismo is located at the end of a dirt road, approximately 3 miles long, off the main road from Poggibonsi to San Gimignano. It's about a 10 minute on the main road to each town. It is very centrally located. There is an outdoor swimming pool, which was still open when we were there the beginning of October, although we did not swim. The Pilgrim's Path (the dirt road the Crusaders followed from England to Jerusalem) runs right through the property and is a nice hike/walk.

I can not stress enough what a wonderful place this is, for exploring the countryside and surrounding area, or for just relaxing and doing nothing. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: the second floor has views that overlook the hillsides. room 6, where we stayed, is a corner room w...