“Fantastic little gem of a place!”
Review of Cum Quibus

Cum Quibus
Reserve with
Cum Quibus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Best gourmet Restaurant In San Gimignano. A young team focused on creativity and the guest to create a long time remember experience. Passionate about food, super wine cellar, humble and respect are our main characteristics.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We visited this little restaurant on a recent trip to Tuscany. The little medieval town of San Gimignano is one of the prettiest and characterful places we have had the pleasure of staying in, and Cum Quibus certainly does it proud. It specialises in Tuscan cuisine with a modern twist and if you enjoy truffles, then this is the place for you. The restaurant is small and cosy and the staff are very friendly and informative about the dishes on offer. Worth a booking even if you're not staying in San Gimignano!

1  Thank recommendations29
Write a ReviewReviews (2,923)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had most enjoyable dining experience in Cum Quibus. The food is best in town and the service simply cant be better.
We had all local specialties, recommended by the house accompained with fantastic Chianti Classico.
The restaurant was full, so advance booking is a must.

Thank you all in Cum Quibus for wonderful experience! We will definetely come back.

1  Thank LukaV1969
Reviewed 22 April 2014

So if you can get reservations, you have to eat here. Tradition Tuscan cuisine in a cozy atmosphere. Baker (at the Locanda Dell' Artista had said one of the guests had canceled and wondering if we wanted to take the reservation, so we did on a whim). Definitely the best meal of our trip.

So for my first, I had the pecorino white truffle risotto, while my husband had the while boar tagliatelle. Both were extremely rich and we could have ended our meal there happy, but we moved on to our second. I had the chicken and my husband had the steak. Can i just say that i have NEVER had chicken cooked this perfectly. It was so tender and fall off the bone, while my husband had an amazingly flavorful steak.

The best part, the prices are not outrageous.

1  Thank A W
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Cum Quibus is amazing!. We booked well in advance and were welcomed with a glass of Prosecco when we sat down. My husband ordered the spaghetti with truffle and I chose the special pasta with smoked goose breast and truffle. It was delicious and they come round to grate more truffle onto it, while you are eating. During the meal they also bring you extra small sample plates from the kitchen to try. For the main course I had the braised Tuscan beef and hubby had the pork liver, and both were totally incredible. I was too full for a dessert but my husband chose the crème caramel. When they brought the dessert, they came out with a small slice of tiramisu with a candle in it for my birthday. The food is fabulous but what makes this place extraordinary is the service, which is out of this world. Everyone is so helpful and friendly, and we will certainly come back next time we are in San Gimignano. Thank you for making it a very special birthday.

1  Thank Vivster67
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a table at this amazing restaurant. Lorenzo makes you feel as if you are the only ones. The food was a culinary treat, that we went back the next night.
The eggplant, zucchini and pesto is a must. Since it is truffle season any dish is highly recommended.

. The restaurant has a limited number of tables so a reservation is a must.
My husband and I are foodies and this is one of the best meals we have had. No visit to Tuscany would be complete without eating here. We look forward to our next visit so we can go back.

1  Thank Barbara N