“Our favourite place in Tuscany”
Review of Guardastelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Guardastelle
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were so pleased to return to Guardestelle, but this time we stayed for 3 nights for a long weekend. 3 years ago we had the most memorable wine-tasting lunch when Fausto looked after us beautifully and we said we must come back and stay here. So pleased we did!

This time we stayed in one of their B&B rooms which was huge, luxurious, comfortable, exceptionally clean and had achingly beautiful views across the countryside. I have never seen such huge croissants for breakfast in the morning either! Every evening we walked the 20 minutes up the track into San Gimignano for dinner - we didn't need torches for our return walk as the moon was so bright.

I can't recommend Guardastelle enough for a peaceful, romantic location and also for their delicious wine, which of course we've ordered and can't wait for it to arrive!!

We definitely won't leave it so long to return next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear "surfnirvana",
your review was so fast (and beautiful) that I wish I replyed sooner.

How to forget your first visit at the winery? I also remember the table where you were seated! I just regret that this time I didn't have the chance to enjoy your friendness....we were moving in another house, so pretty busy as you can imagine.

I'm grateful for your visit and for your wines purchase, as well this great review!! Now you have tried also our rooms so I hpe that I don't have to wait another 3 years before you visit us again :-)

Best regards,
Fausto

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This agriturismo is beautiful, well-run and well-located. We stayed in a room in the B&B building - a very old, beautifully restored and designed interior. It's a 25 min. walk down a dirt path from San Gimignano, possibly the most picturesque hill towns in Tuscany. The dining area has a beautiful view of San Gimignano. My wife and I especially liked the fact that we could stroll into San Gimignano in the evening, after the tourist rush. After 5 or 6pm, the city gets much quitter and it's really lovely.

Both the owner, Fausto, and the main host, Barbara, were very nice, accommodating and informative.

If you visit, take the winery tour. It's small and quaint and Fausto is very informative. It ends with a very nice lunch with local traditional cuisine and wine pairings from their winery. It's a MUCH better experience than at a larger winery.

Our three night stay here was a peaceful respite after the frenzy of touring Firenze. We highly recommend staying at Guardastelle!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear "Brian S",
what a fast review! You left only few days ago!!
I'm very glad that you describe me as "very informative" instead boring in explaining all the wines fermentations ecc...!!
Many thanks for your recommendation, which is always helpful, and for this nice review. Hopefully we'll meet you again, hopefully in California!

Ciao
Fausto

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is, hands down, my very favorite place on earth. I work for the DoD, so I've lived all over the world, and travelled extensively. This little spot in San G hosts my most fond trip memories, ever. A group of 10 friends and I, travelling by car through Tuscany stumbled upon this place looking for wine tasting in 2007. We needed a place to stay and they jumped through hoops to accomodate our group. They cooked for us, sold us wine, let us walk through the vinyards, fed us olives and told stories. They even allowed my 9 pound little miniature pinscher and treated her like royalty. That was in 2007, I've since been back at least 5 times. Almost every time with my dog, and stayed in a different room each time. The sweet little old woman who serves the breakfast area is so tender and lovely. I speak to her in my very busted Italian, and she grabs my face and kisses and is so thrilled I am speakin gin her language. She makes my eggs exactrly the way I like them and grabs us toast and coffee. I feel like she is my little grandmother. We are going again this year, and I'm bringing friends to my favorite spot on earth. I promise you, you will not find more beautiful grounds, accomodations, or sweeter people than at this B&B. This American LOVES them!

Room Tip: I have yet to find a bad room. The room on the ground floor has a nice double door balcony that ope...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear "Dallas L",
I could not imagine that after so long time you wrote a review...and what a review!
It's always a pleasure to host and see and chat with you.....also for Roberta who doesn't speak English!!

I hope this year you'll come again to visit us, we're going to start cooking lesson as well for our guests. This could be the time you cook something for us :-)

Best,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary in Sept 2012. This B&B was everything we could have hoped for. Gorgeous scenery outside our window. Wide variety of delicious food for breakfast. We booked a wine tour which included an awesome lunch on the premises and we were grateful to skip back to our room upstairs for a siesta. The 1km walk to San Gimignano was along a quiet dirt road is beautiful, tranquil and romantic by moonlight. They do provide flashlights and umbrellas if need be. San Gimignano is a must see Medieval/Fort town with no vehicular traffic.
Guardastelle is Beautiful inside and out in the picturesque Chianti region. Fausto and Susanna are very helpful too. Go & Enjoy
Frank and Michelle

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear "DABSisterwood",
after a long time I didn't expect your nice review...bellissima!! It means that you're still remembering us and I hope you're considering to come back!
I remember you took the wine tour, this year we start cooking lesson. Stay tuned on the fan page to see pur photos and offer. FB and G+

All our best regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The accommodation itself is attractive, welcoming and the rooms a very good size. Quite and away from the hubub of the main town centre. Highly recommended.

One of the best things about the Agriturismo Guardastelle for us was that, being a short, walkable, distance away from the tourist centre of San Gimignano, the views of the towers were atmospherically displayed. Especially by night, the walk along the paths was atmospheric and made the visit to San Gimignano even more special by seeing and anticipating it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJJG

Dear "PJJG",
thank you for your visit. Our proximity with San Gimignano is a real bonus for our guests, who can forget here their car and walk to town easily.

I hope you'll come to visit us again and decide to experience our cooking lesson and wine tour.

Grazie,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Beautiful location and facility. The owners are approachable and very knowledgeable. Their wines and olive oil are truly superior and if you are lucky enough to enjoy a meal there, savour! I just regret not having purchased more wine and olive oil to take back home... I guess I'll have to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear "Mattedcat",
I hope that you'll come back! Perhaps next time you'll consider to stay in one of the rooms!

I'll be glad to host you again and together we could prepare a nice meal with a hands-on lesson about pasta and typical dishes.

Thanks for your visit and review.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Beautiful B&B - 1oo% worth it! Fausto/Susanna are great hosts. Highly recommend staying there. Easy to find B&B along highway; close to Poppibonsi. Excellent spacious rooms, very neat and clean, with large washroom/shower. We stayed in the Sibilla Room for a full week. All rooms have good access to lobby and dining room. The apartments are also very close to the house. Very friendly staff and Barbara is awesome! Pool is very clean, although we didn't use it. Breakfast is very good, cold and hot choices every morning. This is a working winery...their wine is excellent! Excellent view of San Gimignano from patio at B&B. Great covered patio to sit out for breakie and/or enjoy some wine in evening. Evenings quiet at B&B. Shared areas have Internet Pics on Guardastelle website are exactly what the B&B is like--we have attached some of our pics. Fausto's wine tasting/lunch is very good and well worth doing. Other wine tastings in area to drive to. You can walk into San Gimignano, or drive & park just just outside of walls. Parking is fairly cheap. Grocery store near, easy to access. Lots of shopping & restaurants in San Gimignano. Walk up to top in San Gimignano is worth it to sit & have a glass of wine & enjoy the view. Great gelato in piazza area of the walled city. When we were there, they had live music every night. Easy to drive around Tuscany to all little towns. Well worth the scenery, lots of shopping, and picture taking. Lots of restaurants nearby to drive to. Food is absolutely excellent. We did a day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre - well worth seeing but leave extra early in the morning to give yourself enough time to visit all. Guardastelle is top notch and we highly recommend staying there, and definitely will go back again!! Dave & Cheryl

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl_Dave33

Dear "Cheryl_Dave33",
Thank yuo for your visit. Thank you for your review. Thank you...to being you!
It was a real pleasure to know you and sincerely I hope to meet you again, perhaps in Canada!

Cinque Terre is a bit far from here but you are not the first who did that journey. All the rest is really at 1 hour and half drive at least, or much less!

Thanks for all the compliments on breakfast, wine and wine tasting!
Next time I want to see you both in the hands-on cooking lesson!!

All the best until the next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gimignano
Il Borghetto di San Gimignano Agriturismo
Agriturismo Poggiacolle
Agriturismo Poggiacolle
#4 of 108 in San Gimignano

Been to Guardastelle? Share your experiences!