“Beautiful location, friendly hosts and delicious food/wine”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Agriturismo Guardastelle
Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
“Beautiful location, friendly hosts and delicious food/wine”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed one night with our daughters on a quick getaway. We loved the views from the property and were so pleased with how accommodating and wonderful Barbara and Fausto were! They made sure we had everything we needed for our stay, and told us about the best locations for our dinner that evening. The next morning we woke up to a lovely breakfast spread that included fresh fruits, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, cereals and bread as well as eggs cooked to order. We enjoyed our breakfast and after a few hours went on the wine tour with lunch. The tour was very informative and was followed by another delicious meal prepared by Barbara which we enjoyed while sipping on a couple glasses of the wines they produce. I only wish we had more time to spend there and will definitely be planning another trip back in the near future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear "Stephanie",
I often suggest to stay at least 2 nights at Guardastelle because it's a beautiful place, San Gimignano it's a beautiful town to discover, wine tour, cooking class, other town to visit and so on....now that you know us I hope you'll come back for a longer stay!

In the meantime I'm thankful for your visit and review. Keep in touch on our FB page!

Fausto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night to break up the journey further into Tuscany. We weren't expecting it to be so lovely! We received a very warm welcome, complete with home-produced wine and olives on the terrace looking up to San Gimignano. The room was immaculate and comfy. Breakfast was a superb spread completed by our host Fausto plying us with yummy bacon and eggs. We didn't have time to swim but the pool looked lovely too.

• Stayed April 2014
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear "rebecca s",
thank you so much for your visit. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your short stay at Guardastelle and to me sounds good that you regret not have stayed longer......so you'll come back soon!!

I always suggest to stay at least 3 nights because the place is beautiful, the surrounding spectacular and the proximity with many cities and towns allows the guests to visit different spots everyday. To use the swimming pool you have to wait May.

Thank to share your experience at Guardastelle and keep in touch on our fan page on FB!!

Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my second time at Guardastelle and it was even better than I remember. Not only are the grounds stunning, but the hosts are some of the most genuine, welcoming people I've ever met. We did the wine tour and lunch with Barbara and it was amazing!! The food is some of the best I've ever ever had! I don't drink, but my dad loved the wine ;) It's such a great place and completely worth the trip if you're coming from far. I will visit over and over again!!! Thank you for another great stay Fausto, Susana, Barbara, etc. etc.!!!! xoxoxo

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear "Christina",
what I can say you that I haven't told? We always keep in touch on Instagram, which is very nice, so I can only thank you for your second stay and to share your experience. It was nice to know your family this time and I hope you'll come back sooner next time!

All the best until next time!!
Hartpury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were so pleased to return to Guardestelle, but this time we stayed for 3 nights for a long weekend. 3 years ago we had the most memorable wine-tasting lunch when Fausto looked after us beautifully and we said we must come back and stay here. So pleased we did!

This time we stayed in one of their B&B rooms which was huge, luxurious, comfortable, exceptionally clean and had achingly beautiful views across the countryside. I have never seen such huge croissants for breakfast in the morning either! Every evening we walked the 20 minutes up the track into San Gimignano for dinner - we didn't need torches for our return walk as the moon was so bright.

I can't recommend Guardastelle enough for a peaceful, romantic location and also for their delicious wine, which of course we've ordered and can't wait for it to arrive!!

We definitely won't leave it so long to return next time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "surfnirvana",
your review was so fast (and beautiful) that I wish I replyed sooner.

How to forget your first visit at the winery? I also remember the table where you were seated! I just regret that this time I didn't have the chance to enjoy your friendness....we were moving in another house, so pretty busy as you can imagine.

I'm grateful for your visit and for your wines purchase, as well this great review!! Now you have tried also our rooms so I hpe that I don't have to wait another 3 years before you visit us again :-)

Best regards,
Riverside, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This agriturismo is beautiful, well-run and well-located. We stayed in a room in the B&B building - a very old, beautifully restored and designed interior. It's a 25 min. walk down a dirt path from San Gimignano, possibly the most picturesque hill towns in Tuscany. The dining area has a beautiful view of San Gimignano. My wife and I especially liked the fact that we could stroll into San Gimignano in the evening, after the tourist rush. After 5 or 6pm, the city gets much quitter and it's really lovely.

Both the owner, Fausto, and the main host, Barbara, were very nice, accommodating and informative.

If you visit, take the winery tour. It's small and quaint and Fausto is very informative. It ends with a very nice lunch with local traditional cuisine and wine pairings from their winery. It's a MUCH better experience than at a larger winery.

Our three night stay here was a peaceful respite after the frenzy of touring Firenze. We highly recommend staying at Guardastelle!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear "Brian S",
what a fast review! You left only few days ago!!
I'm very glad that you describe me as "very informative" instead boring in explaining all the wines fermentations ecc...!!
Many thanks for your recommendation, which is always helpful, and for this nice review. Hopefully we'll meet you again, hopefully in California!

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is, hands down, my very favorite place on earth. I work for the DoD, so I've lived all over the world, and travelled extensively. This little spot in San G hosts my most fond trip memories, ever. A group of 10 friends and I, travelling by car through Tuscany stumbled upon this place looking for wine tasting in 2007. We needed a place to stay and they jumped through hoops to accomodate our group. They cooked for us, sold us wine, let us walk through the vinyards, fed us olives and told stories. They even allowed my 9 pound little miniature pinscher and treated her like royalty. That was in 2007, I've since been back at least 5 times. Almost every time with my dog, and stayed in a different room each time. The sweet little old woman who serves the breakfast area is so tender and lovely. I speak to her in my very busted Italian, and she grabs my face and kisses and is so thrilled I am speakin gin her language. She makes my eggs exactrly the way I like them and grabs us toast and coffee. I feel like she is my little grandmother. We are going again this year, and I'm bringing friends to my favorite spot on earth. I promise you, you will not find more beautiful grounds, accomodations, or sweeter people than at this B&B. This American LOVES them!

Room Tip: I have yet to find a bad room. The room on the ground floor has a nice double door balcony that ope...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear "Dallas L",
I could not imagine that after so long time you wrote a review...and what a review!
It's always a pleasure to host and see and chat with you.....also for Roberta who doesn't speak English!!

I hope this year you'll come again to visit us, we're going to start cooking lesson as well for our guests. This could be the time you cook something for us :-)

Best,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary in Sept 2012. This B&B was everything we could have hoped for. Gorgeous scenery outside our window. Wide variety of delicious food for breakfast. We booked a wine tour which included an awesome lunch on the premises and we were grateful to skip back to our room upstairs for a siesta. The 1km walk to San Gimignano was along a quiet dirt road is beautiful, tranquil and romantic by moonlight. They do provide flashlights and umbrellas if need be. San Gimignano is a must see Medieval/Fort town with no vehicular traffic.
Guardastelle is Beautiful inside and out in the picturesque Chianti region. Fausto and Susanna are very helpful too. Go & Enjoy
Frank and Michelle

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Agriturismo Guardastelle, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear "DABSisterwood",
after a long time I didn't expect your nice review...bellissima!! It means that you're still remembering us and I hope you're considering to come back!
I remember you took the wine tour, this year we start cooking lesson. Stay tuned on the fan page to see pur photos and offer. FB and G+

All our best regards,