“We HIGHLY recommend this beautiful place”
Review of Guardastelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Guardastelle
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in early May 2014 for a few days while we toured around Tuscany. The place itself is not only gorgeous and full of Tuscan charm, it is over the top comfortable. The view of San Gimignano from the terrace is second to none. The owners, Fausto and Susannah, were absolute delights and very helpful with local suggestions. I recommend their wine and olive oil tasting tour - be prepared for excellence. Would we stay here again? In a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear "Cathy P",
... "in a heart beat!" My goodness!! Thank you so very much, this is poetry.
It was our pleasure meeting you and give you recommendations to enjoy Tuscany at its best!

Our wine tour with lunch is full of information about wine and the food are just local fresh produce, nothing so special. But thanks again!
Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to host you again!

Take care,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

A lovely stay in this privately owned hostellerie, a small walk from San Gimignano, surrounded by vineyards and Tuscan hills, home from home, the perfect retreat to visit Florence, Sienna and the region, and enjoy great wines and Tuscan food.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear "Pinewood007",
thanks to have shared your experience at Guardastelle. I'm glad to see that you took vantage of our proximity with the most important Tuscan cities.
I'm obviously happy that you got the time to try also our wines and wine tour!!

Hope to see you again!
Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here with a group of 15 people (including 5 children) last month (July). I really can't say anything more than to echo and confirm all of the positive comments posted about Fausto, Susannah and Barbara as well as the location, the accommodations, the views, the food and the service. At my request, Fasuto went above and beyond and put together a wine tasting (of their wines) coupled with his mother-in-laws homemade lasagna (best I have ever had) along with other delectable items. Little did I know it was the first time he had done such a tasting! If you are looking for a very memorable Tuscan experience, I highly recommend Guardastelle! San Gimignano is a great little city and makes the stay all the better!

Room Tip: The "apartments" are large but do not include breakfast and housekeeping so, if you do not...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vtoe

Dear "Vtoe",
nice American families who like to experience our beautiful country...it has been a pleasure host and satisfy your request. And nice to see you all enjoying Guardastelle and it's facilities.

Susanna's mother is a wonderful cook, you were definetely luck to try some of her dishes!! (I'm lucky as well to have her as mother in law :-))

Please give our best regards to all your friends who stayed with us.
Many thanks for your stay and to review us wonderfully!!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at Antilia Apartment in Guardastelle from 28/06/2014-12/07/2014
This was our second stay at Guardastelle. Fausto, Susannah and Barbara are extremely helpful and very pleasant throughout the whole stay and our kids just love this place. The Antilia apartment is where we stayed the last time and where we chose to stay again and it was just as super this time around. We had breakfast a couple of times upstairs which was excellent -great choice and kids just loved it. We really love it here and the kids really felt at home - our kids are age 4 and 8. The kids really enjoyed the swimming pool. It was lovely and peaceful there in the evening. We hired a car and it was very easy to drive to Siena, Florence and Volterra and all the other small villages nearby. Its great that there is ample car parking at Guardastelle as well as a little walking track up to San Gimignano which takes about 25 mins (kids thought it was great also) Guardastelle produce their own wine - which is gorgeous (we even got some shipped home) and also their Olive Oil is pretty amazing stuff. They have wine tours on which seem to be very popular, they have cookery classes and I happened to pop into the Winery & tried their home made pasta & Ragu and Tiramisu -this was the best ever treat!!! It was my 40th birthday and they sang happy birthday to me in there!! Amazing holiday just like the 1st time we visited and we hope to return next year !! Thanks Fausto and Susannah for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Antilia Apt perfect for families. 2 Bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Lots of space and Kitchen excellent. A...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MMSAVAGE
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear "MMSAVAGE",
nothing is more pleasant to see a surprised smile on our guests face. I must thank the guests who attended the cookery class to be so kind to sang together with us but especially to be so generous to share their tiramisú!!!

And obviously I thank you for your second stay. Please regards to all your beautiful family.
Perhaps next year you'll also take part of a cooking class, maybe a private one in your apartment. Why not?

All the best!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am overdue for this review, but it was just this time last year that we were booking hotels for our long-awaited trip to Italy. So for anyone planning now, don't hesitate to stay at this lovely spot. The room was wonderful, location perfect, and we loved being so close to San Gimignano. Take the wine tour, too. We had a case of the chianti shipped home and just recently ordered another case. Whenever we open a bottle, we are reminded of our fabulous time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear "DianeCA",
certainly I didn't expect your review now but it is much more appreciate! It means that after 1 year you are still thing of us and that's a good thing!!
Thank you very much to have re-ordered our wine (for this quality I think is a nice deal to have them shipped front door!) and for your stay and for the review and to think of us and......thanks!!

Hopefully you'll come back someday, so a cooking class will be a must!!
All the best until then!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the most amazing place I have ever stayed! I MUST go again this side of heaven! Rooms, breakfast, Fausto ( Owner/operator), views...everything was magical! We loved our walk up the dirt road into San G every night for dinner. AMAZING!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P C
Fausto M, Proprietario at Guardastelle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear "P C",
I had a shiver running down my spine when I read my name listed between the amazing things! What a pleasure! Thank you so much for your wonderful review, hopefully you'll be able to come and stay longer next time!

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our group of 5 stayed here for 4 nights last week. We already miss it- the breathtaking views, the quaint sitting areas around the property, the signature wine. We did the tour and wine tasting and bought a case which I can't wait to receive. We jogged the road into town in the mornings and enjoyed the views on our runs. It's a dirt road that can get muddy after a rain, so be sure and wear comfy old shoes if you want to walk into town. Fausto and Barbara are very accommodating. The lock on our door was broken and Fausto fixed it immediately. Barbara's cappucinos in the morning are wonderful. It was fun getting to know the other guests from around the world and watching the world cup together in the main house. The pool was very nice and everything well maintained. Thank you, Guardastelle for a wonderful visit. We hope to return someday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank careswell

Dear "careswell",
unfortunately the world cup didn't ended well for both of us but it doesn't matter! What is really important is that you had a beautiful stay and enjoyed Guardastelle and its facilities.
It's nice to see on Twitter you are enjoying our white wine, cheers!!

Many thanks and tweet me your photos!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gimignano
#2 of 29 in San Gimignano
1 mi away
Il Borghetto di San Gimignano Agriturismo
Agriturismo Il Segreto di Pietrafitta

Been to Guardastelle? Share your experiences!