Residenza d'Epoca Palazzo Buonaccorsi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel L'Antico Pozzo(San Gimignano)
Il Pino(San Gimignano)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Leon Bianco(San Gimignano)
  • Breakfast included
La Cisterna Hotel(San Gimignano)
  • Breakfast included
Le Vecchie Mura(San Gimignano)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Bel Soggiorno(San Gimignano)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Belvedere(San Gimignano)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroompier luigigave great advicequiet courtyardmiddle agesold palacelocal sitesenjoyed my stayfriendly couplethere is no air conditioningantique furniturerestaurant suggestionstop floorancient townrecommend staying herewithin the wallsperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We only stayed for 1 night in San Gimignano however we were very pleased with the accommodation we had booked. This historical building is being slowly renovated and restored to its original glory thanks to the clients who use it for their lodging. The owners extremely helpful are very informative as to where to go and what to do. It is a great way to be part of the history of this quaint little city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalteseFalcon888
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I dont know where people who wrote the reviews for this place were accommodated but my room was horrible!! Rooms dont look like the pictures, and I understand the building is from 1300 but some paint on the decrepit walls dont hurt anything.

We take this rooms from venere.com where didnt not specified the room is without bathroom!!! We had a shared bathroom with another two room, and the owner lady ask us to wash the floor in it after we take a shower. I dont pay a room to cleen it myself! Besides, in the next morning there was no toilet paper in the bathroom!! Lucky for us that we stayed only one night, anyway I would not have lasted more.
Everything is old in a bad way there, and the furniture are blighted.
Beside of that the lady owner have the guts to ask us to write a review on tripadvisor because she needs money for renovation. Renovation is needed indeed but not to fool customers by then!! ..and a last thing dont eat where this lady tells you because it also horrible like her "palazzo".
The position is only thing good about this place..and San Gimignano is a great place, crappy that we didnt enjoy it like we shood because of the accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This place was very quaint and it was in a great location with views of Tuscan countryside from our clean room (n. 5). We arrived earlier in the day, and Lola, the super-friendly housekeeper, let us in to drop our bags off, which was most appreciated. If I had to name a negative, I would say the shared bathroom between 3 or 4 rooms was a little inconvenient at busy times like before bed and in the morning when everyone in the place is looking to shower or wash up. However, it is my understanding that this is not an uncommon set-up with these beautiful, old homes, so it was easy to overlook. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, very good value-for-money.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank meanderingabout
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were a group of six friends from South Africa. We used San Gimignano as a base from where we traveled and enjoyed the rest of Tuscany. The character of Palazzo Buonaccorsi is more than special, neat and in the heart of San Gimignano. But the best of all was the personal attention and assistance that we got from Marzia. It is clearly her passion and not just a job.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank maruis
pierluigi-boldrini, Proprietario at Residenza d'Epoca Palazzo Buonaccorsi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dearmarius,
very thanks for your beautiful feedback.
greetings from San Gimignano
marzia and pierluigi

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and i visited San Gimignano 17years ago. We took a photo behind the ancient wall of this old mediaval time and after 17 years we came back to visit this beautiful town again for our wedding annivesary.
Wanted to find a place within the old town and decided to pick Palazzo Buonaccorsi. Generally Aug is a busy month for travellers in Italy but I think there is tourist through out the year here. If yiu are coming by car, remember that there is very heavy restriction for cars entering the old town. Parking is extremely expensive so probably the best is coming by train or bus.
Made my booking with Signora Brunella. Told her that it was our wedding annivesary and she was very kind to offer us a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate.
The little apartment we had was just beautiful. You enter into a small fully equip kitchen and a sitting room. Than there are some stairs which lead to the loft where there lies a king size bed. Love the feeling as it is inside an old building and very rustic.
My husband and I tried locating the same place where we had our picture taken 17 years ago. Unfortunately the upper part of the surrounding walls of the city is now close for tourist. Hope to visit San Gimignano again and will definitely stay at the Palazzo Buonaccorsi because of the services and location

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple