“Great wine and great service”

Sovestro in Poggio vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We found the winery after a morning visiting San Gimignano We chose the option of 3 tastings and a food for 13 euros each. The wines were explained to us beautifully and all were really lovely. The bread, cheese, tomatoes and olives were a perfect accompaniment. We watched a storm approach over the hills and we were accommodated inside as the rain descended. A lovely experience. A cooking course was on at the time which looked exciting and could very well be on our list of things to do next visit. Thank you.

Fausto M, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear "jlwnz",
you arrived just in time before the storm, and what a storm!
So, lucky you and lucky us to have found a nice customer who did a nice purchase and nice review :-)
Thanks a lot, really appreciate!

We did the cooking class in the winery because we had a little group of 10. Actually it is only for guests staying in our accomodation but probably will open it for everybody next year.

Thanks for your visit!
Fausto & Susanna

There are newer reviews for Sovestro in Poggio vineyard

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Amazing wine tour, especially for the price! My family and I were visiting Siena and I was deadset on making a trip to the Tuscany countryside for a wine tasting and tour. After reaching out to a couple vineyards and looking on trip advisor, I came across Sovestro in Poggio Winery. We made a reservation for 4 with a tour, tasting & lunch the day before for only 25 euros / person!

It ended up being just us four on the tour and Fausto was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our questions on wine- which we had a lot of!

The wine itself was excellent, my favorite being the Vernaccia di San Gimignano! Lunch was beautiful, we had an excellent Tuscan soup to start with a plate of cured meats, breads, & cheeses....there was a ton of food and full glasses of wine to follow each portion of lunch. We ended the meal with biscotti and a desert wine which was the perfect end to the afternoon.

The grounds of the vineyard are absolutely gorgeous and hard to capture with a photograph. You can see views of neighboring vineyards and San Gimignano from the grounds. The whole time we all talked about how we would love to go back to stay at their bed & breakfast because it was so beautify and romantic.

Great afternoon tour and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Tuscan Wine Country experience!

1  Thank Sara P
Fausto M, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear "Sara P",
pretty lucky to have a private wine tour this time of the year, probably you have a good karma :-)

The Vernaccia is also my favourite wine, but don't tell to anyone!

We are lucky for the outstanding views we have here and we also contribute to keep the landscape with our job.
I'm really thankful about this beautiful review! Many many thanks for that and for your visit.
Hope to see you again next year for the cooking class.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautiful vineyard with stunning surroundings. We pre-booked the wine tasting with lunch which was excellent value for money. The food was tasty and fresh. The wine was smooth and complimented the food. We purchased all the wines we drank! I think that says it all. A lovely experience whilst visiting Tuscany.

1  Thank LondonLidos

Dear "LondonLidos",
I'm very thankful you have pre-booked because it's something we require for the vineyards tour with lunch. Sometimes it's full and we don't like to do large groups but keep the things pretty intimate.

Your review and visit are really appreciate. Grazie mille!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We loved our visit to this lovely winery!! The vineyard tour was very informative, the lunch was delicious, and the wines were fantastic. We stayed in San Gimignano while in Tuscany. Although we had a car, we walked to the winery and had amazing views of San Gimignano from the country road that we walked. When we saw this place decided that we will stay here for at least part of our next visit. In the meantime, we are looking forward to the arrival of the wines we ordered.

Dear "Anna S",
good to nkow that you followed my suggestion to come by walk. I know how beautiful it's the way walk, that's why I recommend it to everyone!

The wines are on their way and probably you'll have in a few days and I hope you'll come again to stay with us some nights.

Thanks for now!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We came for the lunch and wine tasting and really enjoyed our visit. Fausto was very personable and knowledgable and happy to share his experiences with others. We learned a great deal about making wine. Very interesting. Lunch was excellent as well and we left our car here and walked the 30 minutes to San Gimagnano which was a pretty town.
Beautiful sure and would love to stay here on next trip to Italy, it's very peaceful and beautiful setting. We would highly recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Fairlycommon

Dear "fairlycommon",
share my job and lifestyle (even if hard) it's one of the ebst thinghs of the job itself. And I'm very glad that yuo enjoyed the tour and wines so much.

I hope you'll stay with us next Italy's trip, so you can also try the cooking class!
Keep in touch on our fan page!

Best regards,