“Beautiful winery; Delicious wine and olive oil”

Sovestro in Poggio vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome in our house! Walking distance from San Gimignano, one of the most important towns of Tuscany, during the wine tour you'll discover a part of Tuscany that few people knows. You'll understand how is the countrylife in this part of the world. I won't say what our tour includes or not.....reviews speaks for us! We wait to welcome you, as private or group. Reservation required to tour the farm.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband, two grown children and I enjoyed a wonderful visit to Sovestro in Poggio - in fact, there was a family consensus that it was the favorite activity of our two week tour of Italy. Fausto was a gracious host as we had a delicious lunch while tasting his wines and olive oil, then a tour of the beautiful property. We bought several bottles of wine and olive oil, got out the door and questioned why we hadn't purchased our full import limit - so we went back and bought a couple more.

Fausto M, Proprietario at Sovestro in Poggio vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear "Susan P",
favourite activity over two weeks in Italy!? This is WOW!! Thank you so much!!
I remember you discussing out the door and come back to buy more, that was fun!

I must thank you for your visit and to be so kind to review us.
Grazie mille and, perhaps, see you again!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

On our last day of our trip to Italy, we took a trip to San Giminignano. After visiting the quaint little town, we headed off to Sovestro in Poggio Winery for a wine tasting lunch. This was by far one of our favorite memories of our trip! Fausto, who is the property owner, and wine maker, gave us an informative, and beautiful tour of the winery. We then had a delicious lunch and sampled wines and olive oils. Both the food and the wines were incredible! We ended up ordering a case of wine and olive oil! It was both a fun and relaxing day for my husband, daughter and I! Would highly recommend this tour!

Dear "Jodi S",
yes I'm the owner but just the assistant of the wine maker.....who is my wife Susanna! She likes make wine, I like to drink it!!!
Many thanks to recommend us, for your visit and purchase. Remember that when you have finished the wines....I can ship you more!! :-)

Warm regards,
Fausto & Susanna

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I were in Tuscany in late April and it has taken me this long to have the time to write about this great winery. The tour of the winery and vineyard along with the wine tasting given by Fausto was great. We also met Susanna during the lunch who was lovely. We tasted several wines and bought 3 bottles 1 white and 2 red as well as 3 bottles of their olive oil which is really wonderful. We had them shipped to CA and they arrived just a few days after we returned from our trip. We have been enjoying the olive oil and it constantly reminds us of our trip to Tuscany. I highly recommend this winery it is really special.

Dear "Holly N",
I'm so happy you have enjouyed (and purchased) our wines and EVO. It is a small vineyards with a real passion (and patience) by me and my wife Susanna, so our customers happyness it's our best gratification.

I hope you'll have the chance to come again in Tuscany and stay with us some nights, perhaps you'll also try the cookery class!

Best regards,
Fausto & Susanna

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful vineyard with great chianti wines. Very informative tour with a wine tasting and a very friendly host. They also make their own, tasty olive oil. I strongly recommend it!

Dear "MartinMula",
thanks for your visit and recommendation and review of course! It is something we look for to have feedback and improve our work.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the winery for our anniversary in july and had a great time. The guide was so informative about the vineyard and the wine. It was a lovely day so we had lunch outside with the wine we tasted. We got a white wine, 2 reds and a sweet dessert wine. Lunch was delicious. We had a typical tuscan soup, bruschetta, chicken liver pate, cheeses, meats and biscuits to finish withthe dessert wine. In total, we were there for about 3 hrs and had such a great time.
Definitely make time to go here if you are visiting any of the towns nearby. it is only €25 each-such a bargain!

1  Thank Alison M

Dear "Alison M",
many thanks for your visit. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the tour as well as the wines and food.
Pleased to know you choose us for your anniversary. Next time come to stay with us a few nights for the special occasion, you won't regret!!

Many thanks!