We stayed at this hotel in early September for 3 nights. It is very clean, beautiful location and within walking distance from the medieval town. Lovely view. Breakfast is very good, lots of choices. Yes the parking at the hotel is limited, but there is parking on the street a short distance away...that was not a problem for us. I would have appreciated more help from the front desk staff in planning our tour of wine country, they basically just hand you a brochure from a tour company and tell you to phone the wineries to make appointments if you are visiting them on your own. Also the wireless internet was not working for one of the days we were there....which made it difficult to plan our day trips on line. However when we visited the tourist information center at Greve in Chianti, the staff were most helpful in assisting us in touring wineries and even made the appointments for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Relais Santa Chiara is a charming and elegant hotel located in the heart of the rolling hills of Tuscany, between Florence and Sienna. The hotel looks over the splendid, peaceful countryside towards Volterra and is situated just 400 mt. below the city walls of San Gimignano, a town of fairy tales with its 14 medieval towers that testify to a fascinating past. In addition, the strategic location allows one to make day trips to all the major cultural and artistic sites of the surrounding area. The hotel offers 40 rooms, made up of 4 different room types either facing the rear garden or facing the splendid Tuscan countryside. Many rooms have beautiful balconies and our superior rooms have bath with hydromassage. All rooms have air-conditioning, digital TV with international channels, hair dryers and mini-bar. Other services include private parking, a meeting room with a capacity up to 60 persons, Mediterranean garden filled with olive and cypress trees that encompass the swimming pool, which includes a separate, heated mini pool with hydro massage and an inviting and well stocked bar serving an array of beverages and a variety of snacks and light meals. The breakfast is a complete buffet that will certainly satisfy the biggest morning appetite. In the summer breakfast and bar service are available outside on the terrace. Particular attention has been given to the hotel’s furnishings. Some of the most prestige materials make up the guest rooms, such as brier wood and national oak. The public areas breath an atmosphere that’s classic Tuscany. Florentine terracotta covers the lobby which is integrated with a colorful pastel marble mosaic. The famous Serena gray stone is another dominate element found throughout the hotel, like the reception desk and the grand fireplace. Activities available nearby are: walking itineraries departing from the hotel, guided tours of the historic centre, scooter rental, wine tasting (come with light lunch), cooking classes, tennis, horse riding and a 27 hole golf course 18 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Santa Chiara Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Santa Chiara
- Relais Santa Chiara San Gimignano
- Relais Santa Chiara Hotel San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy