We love it here, so much indeed that we extended our original stay by 10 days and still three and a half weeks was not enough! The location is fabulous, Alessandro's cooking is excellent and the best value in the area and the new terrace was a joy to sit out on. As well as our usual trips to Sienna etc we ventured further south this year, the scenery is breathtaking and the wine fabulous. Can't recommend this place highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The farmhouses are located no more than 2,5 km from the medieval town of San Gimignano in the district of Siena. The "Casale del Cotone" as well the "Rocca degli Olivi" are surrounded by 70 acres of vinyards and olive trees. They were erected in the 17th century at the bottom of the hill where is located the ancient Roman church "Pieve di Cellole" which inspired Giacomo Puccini to compose the opera "Suor Angelica". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Il Casale del Cotone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Casale Del Cotone Hotel San Gimignano
- Il Casale Del Cotone San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy