We chose Il Casal del Cotone from Alastair Sawday's book (2001). All of the places that we have selected from his books have been great but this one beats all the rest! Sitting outside for breakfast in the Italian sunshine, softly recorded classical music playing in the background and surrounded by Tuscan fields of vines and cypresses will make your heart weep for joy. An E.M. Forster quotation in Sawday's book "love and understand the Italians, for the people are more marvellous than the land" will partly introduce you to the charismatic owner Alessandro. Always present, seeking for perfection and spontaneously funny. Only 2 miles from the beautiful medieval San Gimignano and within easy reach of Florence, Siena and other fascinating walled cities, this is the perfect location for a week of pleasure. Come back late afternoon and cool off in the pool before one of Alessandro' s fabulous dinners that he offers every other night. We met many lovely people during our stay here from Russia, Belgium, Japan, Germany, France and Boston. Holiday memories to hold with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The farmhouses are located no more than 2,5 km from the medieval town of San Gimignano in the district of Siena. The "Casale del Cotone" as well the "Rocca degli Olivi" are surrounded by 70 acres of vinyards and olive trees. They were erected in the 17th century at the bottom of the hill where is located the ancient Roman church "Pieve di Cellole" which inspired Giacomo Puccini to compose the opera "Suor Angelica". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Il Casale del Cotone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Casale Del Cotone Hotel San Gimignano
- Il Casale Del Cotone San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy