My first view of this property was astonishment. It is absolutely beautiful! The chapel with its beautiful music that bids the traveler come in and meditate is remarkable. However, when our group arrived, uncertainty reigned. Despite arrangements made long in advance, there seemed to be confusion and we waited interminably for rooms to be assigned. Despite the fact that the dining area was not large enough for the group, it worked out well. After the long difficult trip and the wait to settle in, the meal exceeded expectations. However, as far as the breakfast buffet, don't expect much more than a few items to assuage hunger until you can find a restaurant for breakfast. The staff serving the morning food service was extraordinarily helpful, always anxious to fill a cup of cappuccino. They made the visit special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The farmhouses are located no more than 2,5 km from the medieval town of San Gimignano in the district of Siena. The "Casale del Cotone" as well the "Rocca degli Olivi" are surrounded by 70 acres of vinyards and olive trees. They were erected in the 17th century at the bottom of the hill where is located the ancient Roman church "Pieve di Cellole" which inspired Giacomo Puccini to compose the opera "Suor Angelica". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Il Casale del Cotone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Casale Del Cotone Hotel San Gimignano
- Il Casale Del Cotone San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy