“Not what we expected”
Review of Tenuta Torciano

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Tenuta Torciano
Boston
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We made reservations for a wine tasting at Tenuta Torciano and were disappointed by the experience. I have been to other tastings where time is given to explain the wines, how they are made and the subtleties of the tastes.

This was all lacking.

While we did have a delicious lunch with seven different wines, nothing was explained. All seven wines were placed before us to try but no one was available a thing about the wines. It was quite busy, a bus tour had stopped by and there were other groups there as well. Next time I will be sure I do my homework to ensure a winery has the time and desire to make this a fun experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A thank you to Pierluigi for making my husband Tom's 50th birthday so special. The wine tasting and food .....fabulous and the accommodations perfect. We received our shipment about a week after we returned home as did our niece and her husband who traveled with us.

Looking forward to another visit to torciano.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My parents have visited Tenuta Torciano a few times, and they treated me to this wonderful experience last week on our trip to Rome. On our day trip to Tenuta Torciano, we experienced a private room tasting of 11 wines and a four course lunch. Pierluigi was very helpful with explaining each wine to us, describing the flavors, and teaching us the correct way to taste and smell each sample. He did all that while making us laugh over his jokes and quirky sense of humor. The truffle oil was AMAZING. We bought 3 bottles. It was served over lasagna bolognese, which I plan on recreating at home. The Chianti Classica Reserva was our favorite. Pierluigi makes you feel welcomed and special, as he gave us extra samples of wine at the end, including some very high-end reds, and a dessert wine with biscotti. It was absolutely a memorable experience and I am already in the midst of writing a review on my foodie travel blog www.jackofalltravels.com.

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight at the winery, but it would have been wonderful. The service was fantas...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JackieF1
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Our family visited this winery for a wine tasting in April. Not only was the wine fantastic, but the food was outstanding! We were served homemade lasagna, covered in the winery's own truffle olive oil. We were able to order wine and olive oil to be shipped directly to our home, which was very convenient. It was a great family experience!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank girlchisholm
Florence, Toscana, Italy
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pierluigi offers a unique and enjoyable experience where good wine meets grand passion. He is albe to teach and entertain at the same. The location is gorgeous and offers the perfect setting to enjoy lots of good food with even better wine. He is one of the sweetest Italians I have ever met and his passion for wine, food, and Tuscany is contagious. I hope I can enjoy his company again over a glass or two.

1 Thank Christine A
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

After living in Tuscany for eight months, I can honestly say Pierluigi offers THEE best wine tasting experience to date. His knowledge and passion is what makes the evening a night to remember. I've visited him twice now and plan to return with my family next month. The wine, the food, the atmosphere - you can't beat it. If you are in Tuscany, you MUST make the trip to Tenuta Torciano.

1 Thank Rachel M
Florence, Toscana, Italy
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I'm an English teacher who moved from Chicago to Florence this year and have visited my share of wineries and wine tastings in Tuscany. I say this with complete sincerity and confidence that the experience at Tenuta Torciano is by far the best I've had. From the warm greeting and smiles by the staff to Pierluigi's comedic and captivating presentation (not to mention the delicious food and wine!)... the authentic experience is something I recommend wholeheartedly! While the 8 glasses of wine and 4 courses of food are definitely worth mentioning, it is the entire energy and charm of Pierluigi's presentation that makes this the best. I recently brought 20 of my friends there last night and he had the entire room laughing the whole time. You will leave feeling like you've gained a new best friend. I know I have! :) Enjoy-- you will not be disappointed!!!

1 Thank Dinabosco