We've been enjoying San Gimignano for over 30 years and believe that it's ESSENTIAL to stay within the city walls...We recently stayed at the Leon Bianco (we alternate between it, the Cisterna, and the Bel Soggiorno) during the January holiday season, and we were not disappointed in any of the hotel features. Our room was very reasonably priced, heated well, furnished simply but adequately, and the view overlooking the piazza was just what we requested. (too foggy and rainy to enjoy the panoramic view of the hills...) We always appreciate the fact that there's an elevator--many older hotels don't have that feature. Parking is best at Lot #2 and it is expensive (E20 per day), but well worth it...If you have much luggage, it is possible to drive to the hotel (by the back way!) to unload..The bountiful buffet breakfast is included in the price--meat, cheese, scrambled eggs, cereal, brioche, yogurt, toast, etc.--if they don't have what you want, you don't need it! The staff is very friendly, efficient, and accommodating. After reading what I just wrote, I'm ready to go back to San Gim. to enjoy it all over again! (Great shopping, good food, interesting sights--try the Museo del Vino--it's not in Tripadvisor yet, but they offer wine tasting--4 or 6 kinds, white and/or red--for 10 Euros--then you can go and visit the wineries and buy more! We did! Museo del Vino--follow the signs to the top of the hill--right off the Piazza area...) Happy traveling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A holiday at Hotel Leon Bianco, ancient hotel run by the same family for more than thirty years, is a step back in time: it is located in one of the most beautiful squares of the historical center, Piazza della Cisterna, inside an ancient palace surrounded by majestic towers of the Middle Ages.The Leon Bianco has maintained the fascination of its ancient origins: the simplicity that binds to the taste and to a warm welcome.Guests staying at the hotel Leon Bianco enjoys the best location, right in the heart of the historic center, to revive the atmosphere of the medieval village and to be able to explore San Gimignano, its typical little streets, the beautiful fortress of Montestaffoli, and all the wonders that this town offers then, he is in the position to visit the most important cities of Tuscany.At dispousal of our guests also a jacuzzi 5 sitz in the terrace, a fitness and a billiard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Leon Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leon Bianco Hotel
- Leon Bianco San Gimignano
- Hotel Leon Bianco San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy